Clear All

• Anybady see he(X) or PR.......

Tell them dat a lookin' fa them.

Thanks in advance.

(stap the dancin' please HL)
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Yuh no ez ahtall mi lab pardna! : D
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I just simply want to collect my winnings Farmah...das all.

Just hope they don't get me to the point of sending one of my goon after them...

HL

Comment

HL,

The Burger King give me food poisoning! Threw up all night...(and the loss sickened me too)
        Peter R

Comment

Here take this. Give X a jink too...should make you feel better

HL

Comment

Here is X ! not bad for a broke ass org, the result was not expected given the 6 weeks preparation , I was expecting 6 love from the multi million dollar org, that prepares its youth for FIFA tournaments on an annual basis.

Is that the best you can do ? 2-0 .Wait till we get 4 months preparation in Brazil of course.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

haaaahhaa...just jink you medicine.

Look if the result went the other way... I would literally be flogged in the forum's public square!!

You don't need money to know how to control a ball and make over 5 successful passes.

Farmah is right. The team need a new coach. Someone who knows nothing about the Jamaican approach to football.

And oh BTW... the U-17 would be better of spending time in the US training for thr World Cup.
              Last edited by HL; February 26, 2011, 01:18 PM.

HL

Comment

You think ,

You don't need money to know how to control a ball and make over 5 successful passes.

You think a div 2 balla or team could do all of the above in a primer league enviroment.The speed, pace and tactical discipline of the prem would make them look like school boys.

It takes cash to develop.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  haaaahhaa...just jink you medicine.

Look if the result went the other way... I would literally be flogged in the forum's public square!!

Farmah is right. The team need a new coach. Someone who knows nothing about the Jamaican approach to football.

And oh BTW... the U-17 would be better of spending time in the US training for thr World Cup.

Yuh know HL, I agree with about 90% of what you say, especially the part about training in the USA. As I just said to a bredrin of mine, we don't have to go to or get a "BRAZILIAN" coach toget us to the highest level. We, as a nation, have been under the Brazilian spell for decades now, and can't see behind the aura. It is significantly cheaper to hire and set up camps in the USA. What our players and our football need is structured teaching. We need to be taught how to play within a structured environment. We need to learn the the proper techniques at an early age. Any qualified (and I am not using that term loosely) coach can teach us the basics of the game. How to control the ball, pass, dribble, running into space, etc. It does not have to be a Brazilian. There are a multitude of qualified coaches out there that are looking for an opportunity to make a name for themselves. Someone enlighten me. How many of our coaches in Jamaica has a four year degree.....in something related to sports? I am not saying that you need that to be a good coach, but it helps. There are many college graduates here (USA) in high schools, colleges, MLS that we can hire. Many have the college connections here where it would be very easy to take a squad to camps several times throughout the year. They would get food and boarding and be playing on well maintained fields, which would be better than anything we have at home.

I have said this many times before here, we need a technical director whose job is to oversee the development of the game in Jamaica. He would be responsible for the "style" of our play, which, I see as a hybrid of the English and the Brazilian game. We grew up watching the English game, but we fantasize about the Brazilian.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Look Jangle, I have a 100% accuracy rate on this forum:

Lazie is a close second with 93%.

Anyway everything you wrote above is on point. I give you 100% for this post!!

HL

Comment

Agree with all what you have said about structured teaching and you cannot fault the brazillians for us not implementing that .Thats is the JFF responsibility, with that said if we go the USA, England or Timbuktoo route how will it benefit us if the JFF doesnt implement what you have stated ?

It takes money to have that consistency of development.No?

I cannot see how you can compare the college US system of development to a Brazillian world champion system to develop our youths ?

Cheaper to hire someone to get camps going in the USA to do what ?The enviroment is a collegiate one, and its better than any youth system we have in Jamaica , but is it comparable to the Brazillain youth system ? Is it really cheaper ? would we get the government to government assistance that we get in Brazil, would we get the coaching and club links we get in Brazil i.e Gamma, Simoes , Clovis etc ?

This nonsense that ball control and knowing how to make passes , doesnt require money for it to be harnessed is nonsense, why are youths going for 300k to a 1million pounds to the best academies in europe.You think they have the ball control and pass control to function at that clubs required level , or to be developed to function at that clubs tactical level ?

Cut the crap, get real , Brazil mi say , Brazil took us to all the FIFA WC we have been to , including this one with 6 weeks preparation, 6 WEEKS !

If the goal is to function at a collegiate level , then go the USA route , but I believe Jamaicans lust to be world champions will always gravitate us to Brazil, again dont blame Brazil for our lack of consistency in implementing the things learned there, blame the JFF, where is the bloody academy ?

Brazil mi say.
                      Last edited by Sir X; February 26, 2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

What does money have to do with passing a football on the ground?

Comment

I will attempt to explain in a simple analogy, If you are used to being given 10 sec to pass the ball and then in the space of 4 weeks expected to do it in 1 sec , how would you fare ?

Passing the ball, entails , trapping and thinking of whom to pass it to before it arrives at you, or in your direction.

How much would it cost a youth to develop that tactical discipline to achieve that 1sec.Keep in mind individuals develop at different paces, now apply that to a team.

I want an honest answer.

Comment

Panama looked great...what are they used to? Maybe it was the field...

Comment

So did C.Rica ? do they have a consistent youth program , did they put more than 4 weeks into it ?

I mean lets be real and stop comparing GDP to concentrated investment into a specific program.

Because Panama has our GDP and does well, it means they are born with a better 1st touch and passing ability than us ?

The question is how much did they put into that system of specific development.

Comment

Working...
                              X