Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shalrie Joseph arrested for trespassing at hotel

Joseph arrested for trespassing at hotel

Revolution captain Shalrie Joseph was sent away from preseason training camp after being arrested for trespassing at the team hotel early Sunday morning.

Joseph was taken to the Orlando Police’s central booking office at 3:31 a.m., according to an arrest affidavit. Trespass is a misdemeanor in Florida, according to police spokeswoman Sergeant Barbara Jones.

Both Joseph and defender Kevin Alston were sent home for disciplinary reasons, according to the team. Alston was not charged.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

wha kina fooliniss dis
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Was about to ask the same thing.

Comment

"foolishness" on whose part? Joseph? or the hotel security? sounds like a tempest in a teacup...but then we hear these stories of athletes , entertainers, and the stag "partyers" mashing up hotel property...
        Peter R

Comment

Joseph's mistake is disobeying the specific instruction the officers. They told him to leave the corridor and go to his room, he said he is not doing anything wrong and would not be going anywhere. In Jamaica or the rest of the Caribbean, that could possibly be overlooked by the police. Here, they can throw you in jail for something as simple as that.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

yeah they did that to mi brethren same place inna South Florida. Them tell him to leave and he was still talking to the officer so he had to hold a small charge.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Dough worry. Jamaica soon have them kinda strict adherence to rule of law.

Amerkah has caused a rapid reduction in crime.

Buju now serve as case study in the outcome of testing uncle sam.

Dough worry Jamaican police (and rule of law) soon have meanin'

(I am going to hold my breath. Here goes........hurmfth )
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                Dough worry. Jamaica soon have them kinda strict adherence to rule of law.

Amerkah has caused a rapid reduction in crime.

Buju now serve as case study in the outcome of testing uncle sam.

Dough worry Jamaican police (and rule of law) soon have meanin'

(I am going to hold my breath. Here goes........hurmfth )
                What caused a rapid reduction in crime?

Comment

Trespass ah di team hotel ah joke dis ya. Ah same way dem frame wi DJ. Ah praying fi di day pale get fi dem, is gwine bi ah day like todeh, ah waan di deh fi step pan two ah dem. Yuh know hi mi ah pray

Comment

Nuh you did a say you no impress wha day so how 45% sound to you?

It seems like some people serious?
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

nuff fooliniss fi guh around IF what's stated in the report is accurate.

Maybe Joseph was silly not to immediately obey given his situation...but the reaction of the security & police seems extreme as there was no indication of any disorder,,,also his team's response is questionable. I've seen MANY teams give their players support and the benefit of any doubt in even worse circumstances.

Anyway as a black man particularly in a backward place like the American South...such overreactions by authorities to certain people are de rigueur

If ah one white bwoy di cop dem (if it reach to dat) juss tell di man im fi kool..

Ah suh it set...suh all dem argument bout law an orda yuh haffi tek wid one big truckload a salt... dem ave diffrant law fi diffrant people
                      Last edited by Don1; February 25, 2011, 09:57 PM.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

AAmerkah......(question should be who caused; but a still get the idea)

HL

Comment

45% is very impressive!!!!

HL

Comment

Working...
                          X