Barca blast immoral Gunners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barca blast immoral Gunners

Barcelona blast 'immoral' Arsenal after luring away highly-rated teenager Jon Miquel Toral Harper

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 2:10 PM on 24th February 2011
    Arsenal have been accused of 'immoral' behaviour after poaching Barcelona whizkid Jon Miquel Toral Harper.

The Gunners have completed a £300,000 deal to bring the 16-year old midfielder from the Spanish giants' academy.

Toral, who has an English mother, follows in the footsteps of Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, who was also lured from Barca at a young age.

Anger: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell with manager Pep Guardiola

Previous deal: Cesc Fabregas

But the north London club have been criticised by Barcelona president Sandro Rosell after completing their latest move.

He said: 'It's very important to keep this group of young lads together with a grounding in our way of playing football.

'We don't like it when other clubs come with offers of money just before the player's 16th birthday. It's legal but a little immoral.'

Rosell was also asked whether Barca will make another effort to bring Fabregas back to the club during the summer.

The 23-year-old Spain international is seen as an eventual replacement for playmaker Xavi, who turned 31 in January.

Rosell added: 'Barca must have the best possible team and we have to fulfil the requests from the technical staff without forgetting the economic situation and that Barca has to pay salaries and costs.

'If Cesc comes, because the technical staff want him and he wants to, the club members would accept it.'

Well Dunny, Barcelona "is more than a club."
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

"legal but immoral" ... hmmm what they have been doing with cesc EVERY summer is also legal...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I am no Gunner fan....but are the Gunners to be considered to have acted illegally or immorally because they allegations are being brought by parties who were not as successful in doing the thing that the Gunners were successful at?
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

They all do something "immoral" ...tempest in a teacup. It may however be some dubious cause to stir the players and rile up the fans for the upcoming clash.
          Peter R

Comment

I'm sure Messi wasn't 21 when they signed him neither is he from Catelonia. If the lad didn't want to come and work with the prof he would've stayed in Barcelona.Mek dem tan deh chat.I'll tell you what is ********ing them off, it's the fact that they have to pay 70 million for Cesc if they want him back!!

Comment

Working...
            X