Gwaan Tappa, cause so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwaan Tappa, cause so

far the returns are there for all to see. I hope one day you will turn around and sahre/ teach the football knowledge that you have gained to others in JA.

Whitmore off on coaching attachment in Brazil

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

National head coach Theodore Whitmore left the island last Friday for a three-week stint in Brazil, as the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) continues its attention to the development of the coaching skills of its national coaches.
    The objective is to expose Whitmore through a number of attachments and assignments to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible about coaching philosophies and methodologies and general management skills.

WHITMORE… will spend time with the senior coaches Rene Simoes and Wanderlay Luxemburgo

WHITMORE… will spend time with the senior coaches Rene Simoes and Wanderlay Luxemburgo

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    1/1
    This period of training for Whitmore will go a far way in strengthening his already positive coaching career, says the JFF, especially as the federation looks toward the upcoming Gold Cup and the 2014 World Cup preparations.
    In Brazil the former Reggae Boy star player will spend time with the senior coaches of Atelica Clube Goianiese (Rene Simoes) and Flamengo FC (Wanderlay Luxemburgo, former national coach of Brazil).
    In 2009 the JFF declared its intention to focus on the upgrading of coaching skills as a fundamental component in the improvement of Jamaica's football programme.
    In this regard the JMMB/JFF/UTech Coaching School was launched. The most successful coaches in courses held were promoted to the national coaching staff and Whitmore sent on a series of international courses.
    This internship in Brazil is another component of this overall programme.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1E6G6RGAk

Wished him, well!
    ...looking forward tofinding out whether or not the JFF big wigs have the guts to allow him to run the show during our coming 2014 World Cup qualifiers.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Wished him, well!
      ...looking forward tofinding out whether or not the JFF big wigs have the guts to allow him to run the show during our coming 2014 World Cup qualifiers.

I believe and pray this will happen for Tappa. In meeting with the JFF they verbally said they wanted Tappa to be the man and are planning to invest in him. They have not gone back on their word. He continues to grow and develop. I think if they qualify so how qualify for the W/C there, as we know, money is paid to those qualifiying teams. I think at this point he and the JFF need to consider an older adviser and not a Jamaican to come along side and be their for Tappa. Tappa still needs to be the main person and Warren coaching the keepers. They are a good team and are both happy with each other. With the addition of a wise mature tacticial adviser without the JFF paying out high wages for those who have struggled to coach could be a great help to these men and allow for the JFF to be viewed by the privaye sector and the people fo Jamaica positive. They are 2 good men and a growing blessing to football in Jamaica and if the JFF remains true to their word (which I truly believe) along with a proper youth development program also wiht the right mentoring of coaches maybe life in the game of football in Jamaica could be finally put in place for some years to come.

I believe this is all possible regardless of those media folk from T&T and Ireland who simply like to be heard because their countries are failures. That is fine for their countries but don't push it down our throats and expect us to swallow it hook line and sinker.

Paul Banta

Comment

Why do you say "...the JFF need to consider an older adviser and not a Jamaican ...(but a) wise mature tacticial adviser..."?
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
          Why do you say "...the JFF need to consider an older adviser and not a Jamaican ...(but a) wise mature tacticial adviser..."?
          Do you know of anyone in Jamiaca you would recommend that has international experience that is well educated in football who you would recommend to help Tappa and Warren ?

Comment

Yes.....
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Yes.....

Please feel comfortable to share their names with us and their international background and those that the JFF would feel comfortable in hiring and believe they would be able to assist in the mentor off the present staff. Thanks.

Comment

Paul, now you add extra variables the the question! "Those that the JFF would feel comfortable Hiring?" I don't know...well neither do I understand some of the decisions made by the JFF.

However, it is my firm belief that a local coach with the knowledge, experience, older head and tactical wiles that would be an asset to Tappa and the program is Geoffrey Maxwell. The real question is: would he be willing to take a backseat to Tappa?

Comment

It is so funny. I had one of those moments this morning. I truly believe that one day Tappa is going to be a world class coach that is highly respected.
                  "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

Paul, now you add extra variables the the question! "Those that the JFF would feel comfortable Hiring?" I don't know...well neither do I understand some of the decisions made by the JFF.

However, it is my firm belief that a local coach with the knowledge, experience, older head and tactical wiles that would be an asset to Tappa and the program is Geoffrey Maxwell. The real question is: would he be willing to take a backseat to Tappa?
                    That's just it (With the Knowledge and experience) (ever watch these coaches in training sessions. I have and it's not at an international level). without getting into great details that should never happen nor would it be a choice to send the boyz to a higher level of playing beyond the shores of Jamaica. No international background and coach education at any great level is there. I know Geoff as a friend and we often email. He is a reasonable and good person and remembers for some of his good or bad coaching stints IN JAMACIC. Regardless of my feelings toward him you are looking to recyle the Jamaican coaches back into a Jamaican program which has to look beyond the shores for an educated tactictian in the game to move the Boyz two good staff members forward not remain at the same level or backwards.

Gone for the weekend mate. Keep trying to come up with some ideas, circulate them around and send them off to the JFF. Your org at least has their attention. Karl knows this and the faithful pen is mighter than the sword if used correctly. If there's any thing I can do let us know. God bless. Go U17 side. We need to see Omar put in a possesion to score goal and not play a defensive role. This player has worth going forward.

Paul Banta
                    President of GSM International

Comment

I agree with all you are saying. More to say but I have to return on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X