JFF’s kit deal near!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: JFF’s kit deal near!

thats the idea change it so you have to buy again to stay up to date..

Comment

<DIV>
      OJ (1/22/2007)mi know it would!! Thight panths but it nah go fit Shavar and Andy?
      </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV> Tall P still cyaan find a uhlsport shorts fi fit him. Wait till Diadora send him him gears! </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

TK and Mosiah no bodda with the hide and seek pon mi. TK you always say we full of talk so why no input from the I? Mosiah can you please see past your blind loyalties to the bigger picture? What bout you Lazie no you say we need fi stop talk and start doing?

Nuff a the other man dem mi not even bother call cause dem so busy a carry belly fi Shatta dem can't see the bigger picture. Man fi act like man

Send on some local numbers for the sports talk shows so the call in can start

the letters to the editors will be sent later

Comment

Good points Shatta.(Clap)(Clap)(tup) Mosiah, Tilla de man a talk to unuh! It is things like this (what de man a talk bout) that kept me returning to the forum. We as ardent fans must be more proactive in effecting change. I want to see the Supporters Club do something tangible for once. Elected leaders of the forum, the man ah talk to unuh!!!! Over the last 2 summers, yuh couldn't go into a department store inna NY without seeing some clothing marked JAMAICA. The ReggaeBoyz brand is big also. Let's not waste it.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The only question I have is how do we know the negotiations are not being done properly. We really dont know just have to wait and see.

Comment

No we can't wait til after the fact. Dem man yah track record speak of their incompetence. We need to start making our voices heard from now, so dat dem know seh we naw go stand fe nuh foolishness.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

OJ that is why we aren't going to tell them that it isn't being done properly. We will instead tell the populace what to expect from a "properly done" negotiation and let the chips fall where they may.

Nothing wrong with fans voicing their opinion on what the reggaeboyz are worth as far as kit sponsorhip is concerned. I mean thats why we are here isn't it?

Comment

Jangle mi never see your post, respect fi the stance big man Sports Grill seems to be the show to call so mi a ask Mosiah fi please get the number if he can or better yet anyone can help.

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>

http://www.marketbusting.com/casestudies/Puma.pdf

Check the above for the "bottom line" on what Brand Jamaica means to PUMA since we refuse to believe it.

Specials New Products Seasonal Best Sellers Shopping Cart: 0 ($0)

PUMA JAMAICA MAN BY PUMA COLOGNE FOR MEN
                  By PUMA
                  YEAR INTRODUCED - 2005
                  FRAGRANCE NOTES - Fresh Mandarin, Lemon, Thyme, Sage, Tarragon, Floral Heart, Galbanum, Sandalwood, Amber, Vanilla.
                  Description Retail Our price Buy
                  Men's Fragrance
                  PUMA JAMAICA MAN Cologne by Puma 3.4oz EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY for Men
                  SKU # 4004711800467
                  $ 50.00 $ 24.99 Sorry,
                  Sold Out!

YOU may also LIKE

Unnu see the big sold out!! pon the colgone? Again only we alone no value our thing?

So are we all down to call or what?

Comment

Since mi know nuff of us would rather know and not believe(except when it comes to religion) here goes.

Puma is roaring

CONTROVERSY is marring German football but at least one of the country’s sportswear manufacturers is making its money in a sporting way. Puma shares hit an all-time high of 93 last week after the company announced a nearly 50% increase in sales in the first quarter compared to the same period last year. It was the best three months in company history. Pre-tax profits doubled to 72.1m, despite the generally low consumer consumption in the company’s main market, Europe.

Part of the reason for the increase is Puma’s ability to see clothing trends and produce hip gear backed by equally edgy advertising. Chief executive officer Jochim Zeitz says the company is now both a sportswear maker and a fashion company. Long gone are the days of publicity stunts that put contact lenses with the company’s logo in the eyes of athletes like Linford Christie. Instead, Puma is trying to be cool and it is working.

The company’s jerseys for the 2002 World Cup qualifier Cameroon sold out and its quirky advertising can solicit a grin from even the most jaded observer. One of the company’s latest TV ads currently running in Germany shows a Jamaican man sauntering on a beach, on which he finds a lamp. After a couple of rubs, a genie appears, offering the man one wish, and the Jamaican says he wants the spirit’s shoes, Pumas, in the country’s national colours.

The words "to be continued" then appear on the screen, which could be said about Puma’s strong earnings’ future if analysts ratings are any indication.

Comment

Shatta Cleve (1/22/2007)TK and Mosiah are you guys down to make a call in to the radio shows?

Mosiah can you get me some phone numbers to those call in programs? How long are we going to continue talk and not do?
                      To call into a what, where, when? I am so lost. What are you up to Guru? - T.K.
                      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Shatta Cleve (1/22/2007)TK and Mosiah no bodda with the hide and seek pon mi. TK you always say we full of talk so why no input from the I? Mosiah can you please see past your blind loyalties to the bigger picture? What bout you Lazie no you say we need fi stop talk and start doing?

Nuff a the other man dem mi not even bother call cause dem so busy a carry belly fi Shatta dem can't see the bigger picture. Man fi act like man

Send on some local numbers for the sports talk shows so the call in can start

the letters to the editors will be sent later
                        Allright....I have no clue what exactly I am hiding from. It would be great if you could clue me in. What is this call in? Letters to the editor? What am I missing? - T.K.

Comment

Brand Jamaica
                          Thankfully, Jamaican fashion has moved beyond the tourist directed “Irie”, “Yeah Mon” and the “my friend went to Jamaica and all I got was this T-shirt” clothing to marketing Jamaica as a brand. The result has been much more versatile and wearable clothing. "Brand Jamaica is the most popular brand in the world," says Gary Codner, marketing manager and associate designer for Cooyah, "You're expected to be a Jamaican and to be a proud Jamaican." The Jamaica brand can now be found on everything from T-shirts to Shirts to shorts and pants, key rings, lighters and socks.

Some posit that locally, the trend to 'wear Jamaican' may have had its beginnings in 1997 as the Reggae Boyz, the Jamaican national football (soccer) team gathered momentum in their quest to reach the 1998 World Cup finals. At that time, the colours were a sign of support and solidarity with the team whenever they played locally and internationally. Companies like global athletic designer Puma have created a link with Jamaica and had been rewarded with record increases in brand sales. The Jamaica jackets, T-shirts, sneakers, sandals, Backpacks, Hats have received mass support from Jamaican resulting in. Branded sales increase 22%, Apparel sales up 39%, future ordered up by more than 20%. (Jampro Presentation, http://www.intracen.org/UNCTADXI/bbc/fr.pdf ).

PUMA has successfully utilized its sponsorship of the Jamaican Athletics Association and the Jamaican Olympic Association. PUMA however, does not benefit exclusively from this deal. The deal has not only helped PUMA but has also resulted in the promotion of Jamaica as a brand and as well as in endorsement deals for popular Jamaicans. Deejay Elephant Man and 200-metre world junior champion, Usain Bolt, head the endorsement drive.

The German company, which has been a leading name in sportswear since the 1970s, outfitted Bolt and other Jamaican athletes competing at the Olympic Games in Athens Greece. While the value of the sponsorship cannot be readily determined, the black, green and gold Puma wear was visible every time a Jamaican athlete took centrestage in Athens.

In addition, Puma teamed with VP Records, which handles products from some of Jamaica's top dancehall and reggae acts, to produce a combination of sports, fashion and lifestyle with a clothing line which features the Jamaican colours. With endorsements by deejays Sean Paul, Elephant Man, Assassin, Lady Saw and Ce'Cile, the black, green and gold got celebrity endorsements both locally and internationally. The company also used songs by VP artistes in their pre-Olympics advertising campaign. Signal The Plane, one of the songs from Elephant Man's new VP album, Good 2 Go, is one of the songs that will appear in these ads. (Whaddat.com) The Jamaica Promotions Corporation Puma’s use of the colours of the Jamaican flag on its products has given 'brand Jamaica' more exposure and more popularity in fashion, both in the local and international marketplaces

Comment

So wait it all come full circle uh? Brand Jamaica started with the reggaeboyz as mi never hear dem say that we were the 3rd most popular team in France behind the Host and Brazil?(first time on the world stage and a so we chest high)

Sports Grill is the show to call, anyone with time and numbers?

http://www.hitz92fm.com/shows.html

Thunder!!!
                            Mon-Fri 1pm - 5pm.
                            Retro Hour, News and Interviews plus live &amp; breaking sports news.
                            High Grade Reggae Jugglin'

!
                            Sports Grill
                            Mon-Fri 5pm - 7pm.
                            Controversial, incisive, thorough and always entertaining. Digging deep into the major issues to leave the listener with all the facts on their favourite sport

Simon Crosskil is the host but I can't find a number to call in anywhere on the website

respect <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>

Comment

Allright Shatta....

To be fair you were the first one to talk about brand jamaica. Way back before France 98 you were the only one on the forum talking about branding the Reggae Boyz and the Jamaican culture and making sure that country benifitted from such endeavors.Even in the face of nuff criticsm and scorn you stood in the firefor the last ten yearstrumpeting this idea. And yes I was one of those licking pure shot afta yu. So a tip of the hat to you sir (Colbert 3:16). You deservemuch praise. Though I laughed at you when you call yourself visionary in this instance you truly were way ahead of the rest of the forumites and JFF.(Clap) - T.K.

Comment

Suh still no word on this kit deal yet? The original post said they hoped to ie up the deal by the end of the month. Which month dem ah talk? Is it next month which falls in October (like King's trial)?
                                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                                X