X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF’s kit deal near!

<H2>JFF’s kit deal near!</H2>

By Andre Lowe

When new ‘Reggae Boyz’ technical director Velibor ‘Bora’ Milutinovic leads his charges out for their first friendly international, which is tentatively set for next month, they very well may be donning new kits as the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) looks to tie up a lucrative deal with an unnamed international sports goods manufacturer.

With the recent dissolving of the kit sponsorship agreement between the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) and German sports goods manufacturers Uhlsport, the Crenston Boxhill-led administration is taking steps to secure a new sponsor before the end of the month.

The federation is currently locked in negotiations with several international sport goods manufacturers including Italian outfit Diadora and Spanish company Joma. German manufacturers Puma (which sponsored 11 teams at last year’s FIFA World Cup) are also believed to be interested in outfitting the Reggae Boyz.

JFF sources confirmed to the Sunday Herald that discussions with the companies are far advanced at this stage and that a deal is expected, by the end of the month.

Sources state that the deal will cover every national team including the women teams and all age-group outfits. It is also set to include several unspecified bonus clauses and player packages. This was not confirmed by the JFF.

Whilst unwilling to offer details regarding the points and value being sought in the new deal, JFF officials pointed out that it will most definitely exceed the value of the last agreement they had with Uhlsport – who did not seek an extension on their deal.

JFF general secretary Burchell Gibson remained tightlipped about the developments, but did however confirm that negotiations were ongoing and at an advanced stage.

Treasurer for the organisation Rudolph Speid, who is the man reportedly spearheading the JFF’s negotiation team, also confirmed the reports but was tentative to disburse any additional information for fear that it might jeopardise any agreement and compromise the JFF’s position at the negotiation table.

Uhlsport has been the JFF’s kit provider for the past six years but have been criticised in several quarters as doing too little to market the nation’s football.

Lanzera, were the first recognised kit provider utilised by the JFF. In October 1997, just before the nation’s only appearance at the FIFA World Cup the federation replaced them with Italian company Kappa. That deal was subsequently renewed after the tournament. Uhlsport later bought out Kappa’s deal after the former company started to cut their supply of equipment to the JFF short.

Source: Jamaica Sunday Herald
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: JFF’s kit deal near!

good news. I hope puma..

Comment

yes or Adidas, my two favorites sports brands
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

I would have no problem with them considering a deal with Nike too. Nike is known to sponsor some of the biggest names in international football including Brazil, Holland, Australia, Portugal, USA among others. I think they could do a good Reggae Boyz kit too.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla (1/21/2007)I would have no problem with them considering a deal with Nike too. Nike is known to sponsor some of the biggest names in international football including Brazil, Holland, Australia, Portugal, USA among others. I think they could do a good Reggae Boyz kit too.
          ...and, it could be mutually financially very beneficial to both parties! (tup)(Clap)(Clap)

FORWARD!!!! (tup)
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We need to get a recognized international brand to sponsor our teams. Diadora, Puma...I could live with those...but I am not for Joma.

Puma would be my first pick. Arent they current sponsors of out track teams?
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Who is negotiating this deal?

Anyone know what sports marketing firm the JFF is using? In this day and age with the internet and with all type of lifestyle brands out there how do we put a value on the boyz?

I say at least US $3 million a year based on what the track and field did for Puma(we put them back on the map and made them relevant again) we would be hard pressed to find any country out there with the brand recognition like Jamaica.

We can MAKE any kit sponsor if we are marketed properly and we don't have to be playing games. I hope we don't have a "second-class mentality" negotiator who no know our value

respect

Comment

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl3_lblFullMessage>
                <SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl3_lblFullMessage>Who is negotiating this deal?</SPAN>
                </SPAN>

<SPAN>Shatta, I spoke with Karl today and it was one of the first questions I asked. I think we get caught in these deals that do not really benefit us in the long run because we have some amateurs negotiating these deals.</SPAN>

<SPAN>The JFF needs to get some professionals to do the negotiating for them. Moreover, what happen to Nike, Addidas and Umbro? THey are some of the biggest players in the business, we should be including them in the shuffle.</SPAN>
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Its Funny because I think both Nike and Umbro are interesting players. Umbro because they have the one love theme right now, and it obvious what they could do with that if they were to roll with Jamaica. Having said that of all the players I think Umbro has the least big teams but they seems to really market the one they have. Nike I think if they were interested has the biggest lifestyle spin off from thier sponsorship. So by that I mean they are very good at marketing cultures to support thier products. I see a good fit with Jamaica and I dare say they could get a bigger ROI than Brazil. I agree we need someone who really understands this to make sure it works. Diadora is a very interesting Brand but they have not done it yet and dont have the muscle of Nike or Puma but does have quality and better looks. But then again mi nuh waant nuh tight up jersey

Comment

On a serious note Tilla, negotiations on this kit deal needs to be stopped right now!!

I hate to be negative butI don't think they have the right people in there negotiating this deal and we will get used!! In this day and age of lifestyle brands we should not be going in there expecting less than $10 million US a year. When we a talk bout shirts look at David Beckham

Look at how his kits sell? NOw look at the popularity of the boyz on a global level with us selling out games in Japan in minutes. 80,000 in England we no value ourselves.

We are a PROVEN Brand and its not just Shatta talking its a FACT!! We are almost 3rd rank on a worldwide scale. Dem love wi a Japan, done love wi a England and dem love wi South America and AFrica you know how many kits that is? You know how much jersey we can sell off with the right marketing?

You think a David Beckham the footballer get so much money or is it David Beckham the brand? Unnu no think say David Beckham's agent no tell the Galaxy how much kits Beckham sell for Real Madrid? YOu no think him negotiate brand awareness so how that good fi Beckham but no work fi us?

Wi a wah so? We no deserve first place too or maybe our things no valuable too? If we no put a value pon ourselves who ago do it for us?

ITs right under our nose so how come we can't see it? Is it that hard to see I mean damn its right there.

Ask PUMA how much the brand Jamaica was worth to its bottom line in both sales, brand awareness and relevance? It was published on here before can someone dig it up again?

This has to be stopped we can't allow this, not with us not having any money and not with us needing to fund all our teams and build the academy. WE can't afford to give away money this time around and this is where we the fans takea stand.

This is where after 8 years of talking the RBSC make their mark. I pledge $500 on my credit card to add to a campaing to take this public in Jamaica on the airwaves if they don't stop this negotiation. We need to start valuing ourselves and the buck stops here.

Hell I will pay for the ads my damn self if no one steps us this is the future of our football and we have to make a stand we can't make dem man deh sell we out cheap again.

It has to stop and if its any solace the one Shatta did prophecy that '"The Diaspora shall lead them"

Who ready to sign the petition and Sickko are you down? Are you down to use the bully pulpit of the media for good? Mosiah how about you do you see it too? I can get a flight to JA in about a week fi help with this if needed. Lets get the petition started?

If Guy no want to give us the money we do our own brand and sell it!! What do we have to lose?

respect

Comment

What me gween do with mi Uhlsport jersey?(Tant) Look like we a change jersey as often as those Red Cows.

Jamaica's national colors have broad international appeal, and it is much more than football. Hopefully dem will negotiate an arrangement that will benefit our football for years to come.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hortikal (1/22/2007)[/b]What me gween do with mi Uhlsport jersey?(Tant) Look like we a change jersey as often as those Red Cows.
                        :Laff:
                        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

<DIV>
                          OJ (1/21/2007)But then again mi nuh waant nuh tight up jersey
                          </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Maybe you don't, but when last yuh go Quad, Asylum or just drive through Kingston? Chuss mi, di Diadora woulda run di place!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

TK and Mosiah are you guys down to make a call in to the radio shows?

Mosiah can you get me some phone numbers to those call in programs? How long are we going to continue talk and not do?

Comment

mi know it would!! Thight panths but it nah go fit Shavar and Andy?

Comment

Working...
                              X