No announcement yet.

JFF surprised by Catherine Hall charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sickko all I am saying is Mosiah would try to cover all basis on reason why I support the mayor. Burrell might be a labourite but it shouldn't matter, the fact is he should pay fi use the field.

The way how some people do business in Ja is terrible, as you say the expect things for free and it is usaully granted because it is government property and the people of Ja have to pay for it. This goes for too many organizations on both sides and evern organizations that should have known better.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      The simple answer is that they thought it would be for free...why would they need a contract if things are for free?

This is how the JFF and to some extent JCA works, they come to MoBay, use the venues then dissappear.

The JFF STILL owes Parish council for use of Jarrett Park for the Digicel Cup games they played there two years ago and they wont get it for free again...
      You cannot "thought it will be free".
      They must have a commitment on that freeness. ...and even if it is in letter form, that would be a contract.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

HUH? not following Karl..as in what you said makes no sense
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

One word Bruce...technology, dont think we have that...the idea was mooted on Wednesday but impractical given cost and time..
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            HUH? not following Karl..as in what you said makes no sense
            It is simple - the JFF has a responsibility to FIFA, CONCACAF, CFU and Jamaica to have that field ready...no reasonable measures to have everything in place should have been overlooked.

So the field is ready. Good.

There is the additional responsibility to self where cost management and containment is concerned. There is no way the JFF should at this time be saying it was ambushed on costs.

One sure way of locking in those costs for rentals of fields would be to have contracts in place.

I think the JFF should not have trusted "verbal contracts". I would not...and I am reasonbly sure, beside you, all other persons on this site would not have!!!

A letter from the relevant authorities stating costs - free throught to whatever - would have sufficed as "written contract".

I do hope you now understand!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Sickko all I am saying is Mosiah would try to cover all basis on reason why I support the mayor.
              wharrah!?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                Why did JFF NOT get a written quote or sign a contract with Catherine Hall before all this nonsense went down?
                Bruce yuh first me to that question.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jarrett park can't build the delinquent payment into what they will charge for its use now? or say "no pay no play?"..

When the stakes are high enough, money will appear as we saw in Martinique the other day... unuh feel seh Burrell and his buddy Jack don't have access to cash? what happen to the millions and billions that Qatar and Russian put down? so what's a little $5000 US a day from uncle Jack?

Not to excuse the farcical situation of having a stadium and then not having it mere days before the competition is to start ...
                  Peter R

Comment

Working...
                  X