Sneijder: Inter better without Benitez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneijder: Inter better without Benitez

Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder says he and his team-mates have been much happier since Leonardo replaced Rafa Benitez in the Nerazurri hotseat.

Wesley Sneijder has scored three goals in his past three games for club and country
    Benitez was axed in December after a poor start to the Serie A season saw Inter struggle to assert themselves on the race for the Scudetto.

When the former Liverpool boss left the club, they were seventh in the table and 13 points adrift of league leaders AC Milan, but the arrival of Leonardo as his replacement has seen Inter reinvigorated and the reigning European champions are now just five points behind their city rivals with a game in hand.

Sneijder believes that it is no coincidence that both Inter's and his own form have improved dramatically since Leonardo took the reins at the San Siro, with the Netherlands midfielder claiming his Brazilian boss is more like popular former coach Jose Mourinho.

"I feel better now, more comfortable in my own skin on the field," Sneijder told AD Sportwereld. "And I would be lying if I said the change in coach had nothing to do with it.

"The new coach, Leonardo, works much more like Mourinho. Everyone feels a lot better with him.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...enitez?cc=5901
Working...
X