X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It wasn't me!" - Jazz & Blues Festival

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead7.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

again whats the explanation... I don't think its the festival..I could see uneven surface which you can fix by raking and rolling but no grass to me is over fertilization or watering at night..

Comment

The groundsman them probably mess up the thing with them lazy approach and then when it happen, act like them surprise.

Comment

This calls for a Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium enquiry...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          This calls for a Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium enquiry...
          Sligoville and KD has to be done, before we reach Omar Davies.

Comment

let's keep hope alive
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Silly story, no one blamed the Jazz festival...every one said there was lush grass on the field on the Sunday following the event.

When I went on the field on Wednesday i could write my name in the sandy soil with my fingers, felt like I was on a beach, plus the sand stank to high heaven and I am convinced when the Min of Agriculture completes their studies they will find the sand that i suspect came from the Morass near Falmouth was the cause of the dead grass
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

So ur saying that some way or another the sand found its way on to the pitch and killed the grass?

Comment

well since sand has no feet and cant crawl it had to be taken there by some one..
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Re: "...the sand that i suspect came from the Morass near Falmouth was the cause of the dead grass..."

Hmmmnn! I hope they really didn't do that. The morass tend to thrive in a more acidic soil than the grass would. And if someone actually damaged the wetland to remove the morass, then they should be charged for damaging the environment. Where are the EPA people when you need them!
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

and why do you top dress a field with straight sand?

Comment

good question!

Comment

...you missed Farmah's post.

That sand most likely was too acidic.

Notice (als0) Sickko's comment on the smell of the sand. It was likely a straight transfer from the marsh lands...to the football field. No washing to make the product inert.
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

no did not miss the post hl.. saying its not technically correct to top dress a field with straight sand. Usually you mix the soil for top dressing with sand so it spreads better and dont clump but you would not want too much on a surface as it slows down the ball and does not generally makes for a fast pitch.

Comment

goch-ya!
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X