13. Hamburg £119.7 m
    14. Lyon £119.6m
    15. Marseille £115.5m
    16. Schalke £114.5m
    17. Atletico Madrid £101.9m
    18. Roma £100.5m
    19. Stuttgart £94m
    20. Aston Villa £89.6m
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

what does it mean? sales/profit or value of the club?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      what does it mean? sales/profit or value of the club?
      sales/ profit? Lets see Chelsea have 209M .... cannot be that.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, could just have linked you...

See one here.

The list IMO is meaningless (to a certain extent) as it only looks at revenue as far as I could gather.

Expenses would have to be factored to get a truer picture...

Anyone knows if they expense their transfer fee payouts immediately? or is there some attempt at amortizing it? On what basis? life of the contract signed? I don't understand the business side of the business of football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12376035
        Last edited by Peter R; February 10, 2011, 03:55 PM.
        Peter R

Comment

it looks perhaps at revenue and assets (players) therefore the club with the most expensive players will be up there ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            Lazie, could just have linked you...

See one here.

The list IMO is meaningless (to a certain extent) as it only looks at revenue as far as I could gather.

Expenses would have to be factored to get a truer picture...

Anyone knows if they expense their transfer fee payouts immediately? or is there some attempt at amortizing it? On what basis? life of the contract signed? I don't understand the business side of the business of football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12376035
            Pedro, players are amortized over the life of their contract. So a player who signs for $10M has a "value" of $5M after 2 years in a 4 year deal. If it were a five year deal, his "value" would be $6M after 2 years.

That said the numbers (as I understand it) reported by Deloitte are revenue only. This is actually a historical basis for evaluating the value of clubs where revenue is a reflection of the fan base - the higher the revenue, the bigger the fan base. Whether that is a good measure or not, I don't know.

Profit, for a reason I can't explain, seems to be less important, but even so, valuations are probably not based on EBITDA, (i.e. meaning that player amortization is not a factor in determining a club's value). My *guess* is that in football, EBIT would be a better measure of value than EBITDA because even though a player's value is amortized over the life of his contract, his "street value" could be higher or lower than his book value. Torres is a good example. EBIT would also take into account wages. Anyway, I am guessing, but "Note to self" I really should find out the real story.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
            X