Blatter admits to vote trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blatter admits to vote trading

What a group of despots. Unbelievable. This ass admits that there is collusion but justifies it because "[it didn't matter anyway]". Unbelievable. For those of you who find these morons to be acceptable, and believe that the complaints leveled against them are sour grapes, you need to ask yourselves if these are the best custodians of the beautiful game for future generations. Their corruption knows no bounds. They come first, football second...even if it means a World Cup played in 110 degree temperatures, it matters not.

"Blatter’s admission is the first time that a senior Fifa executive has conceded what was an open secret in the latter stages of the bid, and his insistence that it did not impact the outcome will be challenged by those in losing bids, particularly in the 2022 race. The deal between Qatar and the Iberian bid was thought to be worth seven votes, which was exactly how many Spain-Portugal received in both rounds of the 2018 voting."

Simply shocking!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ade-votes.html
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

it's an open secret? DUH?!!

this is like tony soprano admitting that he may have broken the law while being head of the mafia....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is that any different from most other organizations?

Comment

I don't know, but many organizations have some checks and balances to minimise the rot...
        Peter R

Comment

I do not see anything shocking here, just a quid pro quo.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

england REALLY taking it hard bwoy!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Its their sense of entitlement.......sore losers they are........
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I see it a bit differently. Once you have screwed someone and they know you did and you know they they know you did, you know they will be looking to screw you the first and every other chance they get. So especially those who screwed England and got nothing out of the deal will be looking over their shoulders for the inevitable payback. So if you are using those tactics do it carefully and make sure you win. Because if you lose and if you get found out. payback will be coming.
                "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  it's an open secret? DUH?!!

this is like tony soprano admitting that he may have broken the law while being head of the mafia....
                  The difference eedy boo is that Tony Soprano has enough brains not to admit it!!

"H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I knew Blatter cared not the Englands...but I did not realise the depth of his feelings!

This appears to me to be a deliberate in your face bax to the England FA gentlemen. A wah dem did duh im?????
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                      I see it a bit differently. Once you have screwed someone and they know you did and you know they they know you did, you know they will be looking to screw you the first and every other chance they get. So especially those who screwed England and got nothing out of the deal will be looking over their shoulders for the inevitable payback. So if you are using those tactics do it carefully and make sure you win. Because if you lose and if you get found out. payback will be coming.
                      Well said Westman. To all of unu who focusing on England, you are missing the point. Personally, my take is that the winner should be awarded the games based on an open and fair process. This admission shows that the process in and of itself is subject to horse trading which is from what I understand, against the rules of the voting process. So if England had done horse trading of their own, and lost, then they are just as guilty and they meet my damnation as well. If horse trading is acceptable and available to all parties, then there is no argument, well done Qatar & Russia.

From Goal.com regarding the bidding/voting process:"Voters are expected to select the best bidder based on numerous factors - not just the facilities and logistics, but also on FIFA's commercial aspirations and the governing body's long-standing mission to spread the game beyond its traditional strongholds of Europe and South America"...

"In short, while the bidding process itself has largely been transparent and without problems, the voting...is shrouded in typical FIFA secrecy."

The issue therefore, is about the "how" and giving transparency to a voting process that ensures that the rules are consistently applied across all bidders. We all learned this sh*t in kindergarten but Fifa seems totally incapable of executing the process fairly.

Lastly, if you all don't realize by now that the UNPRECEDENTED move to have bids for two world cups in play at the same time was a simple POCKET LINING exercise by some disgustingly corrupt and nasty old men "getting theirs" before them dead, I have some nice beachfront property for you down in Homestead, FL...cheap, nice, good deal. Call me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                        Well said Westman. To all of unu who focusing on England, you are missing the point. Personally, my take is that the winner should be awarded the games based on an open and fair process. This admission shows that the process in and of itself is subject to horse trading which is from what I understand, against the rules of the voting process. So if England had done horse trading of their own, and lost, then they are just as guilty and they meet my damnation as well. If horse trading is acceptable and available to all parties, then there is no argument, well done Qatar & Russia.

From Goal.com regarding the bidding/voting process:"Voters are expected to select the best bidder based on numerous factors - not just the facilities and logistics, but also on FIFA's commercial aspirations and the governing body's long-standing mission to spread the game beyond its traditional strongholds of Europe and South America"...

"In short, while the bidding process itself has largely been transparent and without problems, the voting...is shrouded in typical FIFA secrecy."

The issue therefore, is about the "how" and giving transparency to a voting process that ensures that the rules are consistently applied across all bidders. We all learned this sh*t in kindergarten but Fifa seems totally incapable of executing the process fairly.

Lastly, if you all don't realize by now that the UNPRECEDENTED move to have bids for two world cups in play at the same time was a simple POCKET LINING exercise by some disgustingly corrupt and nasty old men "getting theirs" before them dead, I have some nice beachfront property for you down in Homestead, FL...cheap, nice, good deal. Call me.
                        Paul: This is a political organisation.

England and oher European's hogged the show for years and would not let others in.

The South Americans came together and wooed others outside of Europe and Brazil's man won. They then instituted the same system of locking everyone out as the the Europeans before them had done.

In came the present group and they are following in the 'illustrious' footsteps of their predecessors.

They will be eventually dislodged. The very last election for the presidency showed how grudgefulness invades a group. Do you remember that one of this group tried to breakaway?

-------------

On the CONCACAF level it is the same thing - Mexico and her Central American allies held office for decades and decades.

Chung-Fah told Jack when in a meeting the discussed how the Caribbean had been locked out that the first step must be to get the Caribbean Island-States organised and 1 vote each...the rest is history.

------------

Then in our own CFU ever so often an upstart comes along and tries to lead a break-away group. Fails and is punished.

-------------

...but never fear arrogance will eventually deepen and 'bam! pow! Next!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

karl, it had nothing to do with england... it had EVERYTHING to do with lining pockets of the fifa execs especially those who felt this was their last opportunity to get their pockets lined...

i wholeheartedly agree with paul marin and share his sentiments... it it corruption at its finest... mi nah laff...
                          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

disgustingly corrupt and nasty old men "getting theirs" before them dead
                            paul marin, i could not agree with you more...
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

open secret ......

Comment

Working...
                              X