• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool must learn from Blackpool

Why Liverpool must learn from Blackpool if Roy is to survive

By Mark Lawrenson

Published 22:59 31/12/10//

//

For so long it was Benitez with his glass half-full mentality and what Liverpool fans need is someone who doesn’t feel they need an extra defensive midfielder.
    They have probably looked at Blackpool and realised: There’s a team that has a real go. The result? They are eighth in the Premier League with games in hand.
    And if I were a Premier League chairman I’d want to see the same thing from my team. For them to go for it.
    Teams are not frightened at Anfield any more. They know that if you keep Steven Gerrard and/or Fernando Torres quiet, then Liverpool have nothing to offer.
    I don’t think Roy has lost the players. They still support him, but they too just want the team to go on the front foot more.
    Why are Tottenham where they are? Because they have a real go. When they get beat, their fans aren’t too unhappy because they know the players have gone out with a positive attitude.
    They prefer that to seeing games with so many players behind the ball – especially at home.
    They Liverpool way is to press and harry, dominate and attack. But against teams like Wolves, they just haven’t done that and that’s where Roy has got it wrong.
    He wants the fans to back him, but he has to give them something to back him for. I hate to use Manchester United as an example for Liverpool, but what does Sir Alex Ferguson do when he wants to win a game? He keeps bringing attackers on.
    If nothing else, it forces the opposition back and puts the emphasis on them to watch their backs instead of your team watching theirs.
    Now it seems that unless Roy follows Ian Holloway in throwing caution to the wind and abandoning safety-first, he’d better watch his own back.
    There can be absolutely no debate. Ian Holloway is most certainly my Manager of the Year.
    He has been sensational throughout the last 12 months. Everybody knows there he had come from in the Championship and even on the way to the play-offs and he never for a minute changed the way that he played. Always on the front foot.
    I think he has been a breath of fresh air and he deserves all the success that he gets.
    Interview: Darren Lewis

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opin...#ixzz19opxWfA9
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Yes sass ian holloway with all his championship ,c.l. f.a cup titles is the man to follow, the idiot who wrote that forgot to put it in his resume , lets not forget he is english , another xenophobic arse-ole dont have a blasted clue.

Rafa half empty half full with x amount of european and continental titles on a broke budget.

poor yuh .
    Last edited by Sir X; January 1, 2011, 05:50 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      Yes sass ian holloway with all his championship ,c.l. f.a cup titles is the man to follow, the idiot who wrote that forgot to put it in his resume , lets not forget he is english , another xenophobic arse-ole dont have a blasted clue.

Rafa half empty half full with x amount of european and continental titles on a broke budget.

poor yuh .
      X, you are beginning to worry me. You have to let Rafa go. The article had nothing to do with him. It only compared Holloway to Roy and is simply stating that Holloway's team plays an attacking breed of ball that Roy (to his discredit) is not playing. Rafa nuh inna dis. Let it go X, let it go. Rafa nah come back. We have to focus on who next.

YNWA
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Well, well, well. Who'd ever have thought it?
        LIVERPOOL!! needing to learn something from Blackpool!!
        How times have changed.

Comment

I will when we get a boss who can win the Prem or Cl in his first season then go runners up two seasons after that and secound in the Prem a year after...
          Time will be my witness and history will absolve me...like jawge to the Prof...Ben is to tappa so is x to rafa
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            I will when we get a boss who can win the Prem or Cl in his first season then go runners up two seasons after that and secound in the Prem a year after...
            Time will be my witness and history will absolve me...like jawge to the Prof...Ben is to tappa so is x to rafa
            LOL!!! The world needs people like you...well...at least Rafa needs his disciples too (it don' mean mi nah go worry 'bout u!!!)
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post
              Well, well, well. Who'd ever have thought it?
              LIVERPOOL!! needing to learn something from Blackpool!!
              How times have changed.
              Don't get carried away!!! Going back to first form new maths:

Roy != Liverpool

Comment

Do you think Roy should be or willbe given decent transfer funds to bring in his own players this Jan Window?

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post
                  Do you think Roy should be or willbe given decent transfer funds to bring in his own players this Jan Window?
                  No...Roy has to go. He should not be allowed to waste precious resources...he has enough talent to be higher up in the table and is languishing. Nope - no funds for Roy. Liverpool has an "easy" set of fixtures in January, he should get through those, but I don't think he'll be given the chance.

Comment

Working...
                  X