RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gray haired forumites; who remembers the summer of 82 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray haired forumites; who remembers the summer of 82 ?

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/1...ly/?ref=soccer

One of the best World Cups ever, the Italian team defied all expectations.

Enzo Bearzot died the other day and nobody even post it rahtid.

I remember it like it was yesterday....

Russia had a pretty good striker... that Rumneaggha guy was pretty good too..

Comment

Awesome display by the Italians and splendid performances by Dino Zoff and Paulo Rossi. 'Twas a disappointing Cup for me as far as how my favourites went. Brasil who were (along with France) the most most skillful and entertaining teams lost out. That was the last skillful Brasillian team I have seen. The '94, '98 and 2002 Brasillian teams don't even come close. Yet, it just goes to show: goals win games.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Karl-Heinz Rumminige... badddd German dude!
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Barcelona 2010 VS Brazil '82..

That would not be a bad fantasy game...

Comment

wow! if only.....

Comment

bwoy...this too funny!!!

"I was devastated by Italy's win... but even then I appreciated the brilliance of Zoff and the magical Paolo Rossi. Four years later I switched my allegiance to England on the strength of play of my English league players. A different heartbreak eclipsed the 82 disappointment... the cheating hand of the fat Argentinian bastard"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

uli steilike ... DANGEROUS man!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

: D

Comment

... my favourite german player on that team was hans-peter briegel ... quietly effective ......

Comment

They actually had a very solid team Briegel, Rumminige and I believe Berti Vogts helped to form what was quite a methodical and technical team.

Comment

The eighties had it all:

Best Football
                        Best Music
                        Best Hairstyles
                        Best Clothes
                        Best Govern..oh my ! look at the time.. need to get in some last minute Xmas shopping..

Comment

yeah man dangerous fella even when he was on one leg. him and the bow legged bwoy Pierre Lipbasky(sp).
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

As much as I was supporting the Brazilian team, that French team was also amazing. To this day I'm of the opinion if they weren't robbed in the semis they would have gone on to win it.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Any World Cup where Brasil get's dismantled is a good World Cup

Comment

Working...
                              X