X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker to MLS Combine

Amani Walker

Dec. 9, 2010

IRVINE, Calif. --- UC Irvine's Amani Walker (San Diego/Francis Parker HS) has been invited to participate in the 2011 adidas Major League Soccer Combine. Walker is one of 54 college seniors hailing from 36 Division I schools. The player combine will be held at Central Broward Regional Park in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., from Jan. 7-11. The Combine will separate all players into four teams and feature two games per day on Jan. 8, 10 and 11.

Walker, the Big West Co-Offensive Player of the Year, was most recently named an NSCAA All-Far West Region honoree after leading UCI to a 14-3-3 record. Walker sits among the national leaders in total goals scored (24th), total points (44th) and points per game (53rd). The forward paced the Anteaters with 11 goals and two assists for 24 points on the year.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

they've changed the location? I thought it was to be in central florida?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No, this one is the Adidas MLS Combine. The other one you are thinking of is not sponsored by Adidas or the MLS.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

ok. do the same players go to these combines (more or less)? i would guess not as the dates seem to overlap... ?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I am not so sure what Tilla is saying is correct. I don't think they would have the two at the same time.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mi ongle talk what mi know Sass. . .

They are not held the same time. One is from January 4th to 6th and the other from the 7th to the 11th.

MLS Adidas Combine

InfoSport Combine
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

thanks for the info. that is real close.

Comment

so is basically a travelling show with different sponsors at different stops?

Comment

Working...
                X