Nasri: Snow saved United from Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasri: Snow saved United from Blues

In-form Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri will not be getting a Christmas card from Manchester United after claiming they would not have beaten Chelsea in their postponed match.

GettyImagesArsenal's Samir Nasri does not lack for confidence

Just a week after losing to United at Old Trafford, Nasri said the Premier League frontrunners are still well within range of Arsenal in the title race, saying they could also struggle to win their precious game in hand against Blackpool.
    "I think the title is definitely within our reach," Nasri said in The Sun. "For a start, United were supposed to play against Chelsea and I couldn't see them winning that. I also think their game in hand isn't a foregone conclusion because winning at Blackpool is not easy. I really think we have quality and we've got the maturity now that we were lacking before. We'll see how we cope with all the matches over Christmas and we will get a clearer idea after that - but I'm full of confidence."
    Nasri has arguably been Arsenal's best player this season, filling the creative void with captain Cesc Fabregas injured for long periods. He credits his form with the fact he was overlooked for France's doomed World Cup campaign.
    "I'm just trying to give back all my coach and my team-mates have given me. I had a proper pre-season so I can keep going and I've been spared injuries, so that means I can keep getting better every game. Especially after everything that went on [at the World Cup], when you see the end result, it's a mal pour un bien - evil for good. It meant I could take a look at myself and I got it in my head that I had to come back even stronger and show I was good enough for the French team."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Nasri, Nasri, Nasri... ok, I'll accept the Chelsea comment, but Blackpool?!?
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      Nasri, Nasri, Nasri... ok, I'll accept the Chelsea comment, but Blackpool?!?
      No ... I don't object to his Blackpool comment either. Based on how things going in this league any team can get points off another. The question Nasri should be asking is if he and his teammates are going to take points off Liverpool or are they going to roll over as usual and allowing Drogba to have his way with them?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Drogba too good fuh Liverpool !!
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
          Drogba too good fuh Liverpool !!
          Carrection ...

The question Nasri should be asking is if he and his teammates are going to take points off Chelsea or are they going to roll over as usual and allowing Drogba to have his way with them?

Comment

Bandwidth is a terrible thing to waste.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
            X