Mattocks and Akron is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattocks and Akron is

on ESPN U tonight. He will be in NCAA College Cup semi finals. I am not sure if it the 8:30 game or the 11:00 game.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Congrats to Mattocks, he has had an excellent season. He had a good enough season and is at the age where he should probably try to go to MLS.

Comment

yes he has scored something like 18 goals in 23 games.

Not bad for a rookie not use to the American system. He should jump to the MLS, if not this year then next. He shouldn't wait for 4 years.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He should jump to the MLS, if not this year then next. He shouldn't wait for 4 years.
        And lose out on his education?

If he is good enough to go pro, I agree with you.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Again he doesn't have to lose out on a thing. Go school part time. Take a few online classes but I think he may have the ability.

Comment

i am glad you have taken this position. yes! go pro now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL!!! di 2 a unnuh yuh si!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I guess my sarcasm is lost on you Sass. Yes, I am not one of those who believe that you cannot play pro sport while working on your education at a slower pace in your spare time. The mindset of a lot of Jamaicans though is that is you are not graduating 6th form and going to university by the time you are 18, then you are bound to be a failure.

Most pro teams want players when they are younger so they can mold them in to the player they want him to be. To wait until you are 22 to 24 to get into the pros as a rookie is a bit late and could possibly limit one's earning potential.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am never against going pro. I think however after 17 years old the academy chance is limited. US college remain a viable option for the 20 years old.

There are other forces at work which I won't discuss here as well but there is reason like many of us some of these youths can't find a good online college and do a class or two per semester just to prepare for after the game. I will always support that as many of us have done that too.

after seeing Mattocks play, I think he is talented but need another year to fine tune himself. His team played very well, maybe the best I have seen a US college pass the ball and move on and off the ball. They can take on some MLS team.

Comment

Akron beat Michigan 2-1, and will advance to Sunday's champinship against Louisville. The game will be shown on one of ESPN's channels. Check your listing.

Comment

Akron Wins Championship 1-0

Akron beat Louisville 1-0 in the championship game.

The final two minutes was utter chaos in front of Akron's net. Akron's goalie made two big saves. After he tried to punch the ball out, he was way out of position as the ball fell to a Louisville player six yards out and facing a wide open net.

An Akron defender blocked the shot on the goal line.

The win was Akron's first NCAA championship in any sport.

Comment

that Akron coach must be in the US youth setup. the man team drop some ball right throughout.

Comment

Working...
                        X