RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better football playing surface is need in the caribbean....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better football playing surface is need in the caribbean....

I read the clammour about ball control.

It's impossible to play good football when the quality of the field is poor.

The ball should roll...not bounce...

Poor surface seems to be the norm in the caribbean (well, maybe except Trinidad).

I just find it hard to accept that temporate countries produce far better fields than tropical areas.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

And the thing is that it can and has been done in Jamaica. The problems I think are:

(a) not all teams have the resource to have a good field and
    (b) even the few who have had good fields have not been able to maintain the upkeep of a good field.

Eddie Seaga Stadium (Tivoli) and Brancourt (Clarendon) have been able to (at one time or more) maintain good fields. From what I have seen of the others in the past, only TS Complex (Arnett) have come close to having an above average field. I could be wrong! Mo, Sickko, Lion Paw wha unnuh seh?
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I think the government is also responsible here.. clubs dont have the resources. one of the requirement of giving out those road contracts and quarrying license should be to those who are willing to use the equitment to level fields and top fill... this is manual work and we have nuff idle hands.. we rain and sunshine..

Comment

Guadeloupe was playing on a different field than Jamaica ?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
          Guadeloupe was playing on a different field than Jamaica ?
          Gat Joke
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I don't think that's really the problem Hl (granted it will hinder a good team from going the full hundred). I think the problem lies in the area of psychology and sociology. You could also factor in poor youth system (dependennce on high school league).

I saw the first half of the digicel final on FSC; what I can say is that cummings scored abeautiful goal (very acrobatic) reaction was great. I saw many so called top players failing to convert chances as those in INT'L games. Gaudelope equaliser was good also. This now brings me to the point of psychology. I doubt Tappa would take aplyer tha's not technical to play at the INT'l level. This meaqns the defender that failed to clear the ball was doing well in training. We must now look at his background and his ability to cope in certain pressure circumstances. Coming from a society that still has tendencies in colonialism and slavery doesn't help. Deep in this players subconscious he knows that back home he is looked down upon (possibly not attending the "right" school etc.)

These things will affect players. You cannot expect a person who trated as second class to be suddenly thrusted on on the iNT'L scene and give world class performance. What if these players are from areas of political violence? I think the colonial approach is given to Ja's football by corporate JA (put a little in and expect a huge returns).

Tappa need some serious money to tour (play teams in Europe, S.ameria and Africa) and to hire expertise in the area of psychology and sociology.
            Look at the poor first touches of shelton; bet he is first rate in training.

Just my views of things. I will watch the second half soon.

BTW can't forget when we beat Mexico (with pepe's header) on that poor field in the office. The Mexicans were putting together some beautiful passes and play despite the conditions.

Comment

Brasil?

Comment

That explains the failure of our Track Athletes.. that 2nd Class psychology...

Jamaica is not a football nation... we only think we are...

When we have a football program on the same level as our Track program.. yuh will si bout 2nd Class and Slavery...

Yuh need to free yourself from Mental Slavery..

Comment

Answer this small question: Is track and field a team sport that demands the coordination of different personalities of varied backgrounds (to play in pressure situations)? Yuh really get jumpy these days, usually yuh look before yuh leap. Ah wha so?

Comment

Team sport ?

Wi ah talk bout fundamentals.. Wi nun reach deh yet..

Balance, control, passing, shooting.. Standard low..

Comment

That's just the effects, let's look at the cause.

BTW saw the second half;if Ja was more conditioned they could have easily disposed of that team. How? With quicker passing and better finishing.That team expended themselves in the first half to conatain the Rboyz. Top teams such as Brasil, Germany et al would have killed them in the second half.

Got to watch the penalties or ot sometime .

BTW yuh tink di High school league ah help wi pon di INT'L scene?

Comment

Working...
                      X