Jack Warner blasted over failed England bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Warner blasted over failed England bid

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – A British newspaper, the Independent, today launched a caustic attack on FIFA’s high-ranking Trinidadian executive member Jack Warner after football's world governing body rejected England's bid to host the 2018 World Cup.
    Sam Wallace, the newspaper’s football correspondent, accused Warner of promising England the all-important three CONCACAF votes and then failing to deliver during the secret ballot in Zurich.
    Warner, a government minister in Trinidad and Tobago, is a powerful FIFA vice-president and is president of CONCACAF, the continental governing body for the North, Central America and Caribbean region.
    His vote was one of 22 on the executive committee which helped hand Russia the 2018 showpiece and surprisingly award oil-rich Qatar the 2022 event.
    In recent weeks, Warner had been courted by England Prime Minister David Cameron; Prince William, the second in line to the British throne and superstar David Beckham, the most recognisable football face in the country.
    However, England embarrassingly bowed out in the first round of voting on Thursday securing just two votes, one of which is believed to be the country’s bid chairman Geoff Thompson.
    Wallace contended that England’s bid committee should have been wary of engaging Warner especially “given his implication in a 2006 World Cup ticket scandal over which even FIFA was moved to sanction him.”

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...#ixzz174BNZ7i1
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The Russian vote can be accepted, its the stupid Qatar vote that doesn't make sense.

As for JAck Warner, isn't it time that crook be replaced as President of Concacaf?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

LOL!! dem nuh learn yet?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The Russian vote surprised me. Qatar didn't!

But to choose a venue 12 years in advance...not sure bout dat. And if is one place dat don't need all that time, it's Qatar. They will be ready before Brazil!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think the Quatar vote is a forward looking decision.

Executive/Management decisions are not always based on popularity or consensus.............................

GREAT job Jack 'the ripper' Warner and FIFA executives.

I just get a kick from England losing out. Funny indeed the way they have taken to the bloody snubbbb....
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

what do you feel about the USA losing out?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just slightly disappointed....

But the fact that FIFA looks at the 'entire picture'...Quatar getting it is fine by me.

It also gives you and opportunity to add that country to your list of countries visited.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
              X