Luton to Sheffield United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luton to Sheffield United

<DIV>Just when I heard that the deal would not go through, TVJ reported last night that Luton Sheltonis on his way to join Claude at Sheffield United.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Congrats to him!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Luton to Sheffield United

So much for Freddy Adu(who first told unnu that we have 25 Adu's in Jamaica?) Congrats Luton and memba say the world is watching. IF Kalou can start at Chelsea then you can start at Real Madrid a just through dem no see you yet big man.

Just memba say "no guy no more dan you" and Gaffer Shatta is backing you to bag at least 6 to 10 goalsby the end of this season as you SAVE Sheffield's from being relegated.

A you a open the floodgates fi Jamaican players and also inspiring the youths in the lower division, MLS, A-league and NPL to do like the Air Force and "aim higher"

We a keep this thing yah positive so a hope "guy" stay wide. Zeppo run come post a congrats no and make we pop a cork and celebrate. Princess mi see youa dance pon the roof of you house.

glad fi hear this and congrats to all parties. Claude you are a gentleman and a scholar.

respect

Comment

GOOD NEWS , VERY VERY GOOD NEWS ,

WOW NPL to sweeden prem to EPL.Whats the story with G. Ried is he going to be a victim of the NPL ?, wasting away in that enviroment ?

TELL HIM AGENT TEK IM ASS TO SWEEDEN!

Whats the story with P.More vs H.V ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mosiah (1/15/2007)<DIV>Just when I heard that the deal would not go through, TVJ reported last night that Luton Sheltonis on his way to join Claude at Sheffield United.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Congrats to him!</DIV>
        Slow down there big fella.....I have not seen any article referring to Luton going to Sheffield. As a matter of a fact the past two weeks the Sheffield United boss has talked about every forward on the planet except for Luton. The last I read on the subject was that Burnley was going hard after Luton. If I was a betting man I bet that is where he will be headed. I wonder where TVJ got that from? Sheffield though that Helsinborg was asking for too much. Have they really changed their mind? - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

One more Jamaican gona Englan'! (tup) (tup)
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Anybody see Lazie?

What is the worst that can happen to Shelton? The upside is too big for him. Sheffield is not on the verge of demotion. The way they are playing and the fact that they are in midpack picking up the odd 3 points and drawing some good games.

He has three months to really show and test his skills. The worst is if he go back to championship and then chances are he will be able to light it up and come back to premiership. Good move youth. Andy Johnson, Alan Smith, Peter Crouch, amongst others were with demoted teams.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lazie is here! I do wish him luck ... look back at Khari's interview and see what he admitted was the main factor for him signing with the new club. Light up championship? Funny.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

if Khari did get a chance to EPL and not his new club he would be gone too.

good luck to both of them.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, good for him. Let's hope he settles quickly, a lot quicker than Fuller than and deliver. I don't think Fuller ever got accustomed to the pace and rigor of the EPL. Let's hope Luton does better and not pull any bone head "Beckenbauer(Davis)" moves.

Guidance

Comment

<SPAN class=heading>BLADES WRAP UP DOUBLE DEAL</SPAN>

<TABLE class=storylist_mainbg cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=storylist_mainbg></TD><TD class=storylist_mainbg>More Sheffield United Stories </TD></TR><TR><TD class=storylist_story align=middle width="8%"></TD><TD class=storylist_story>GERRARD SHARES BLAME FOR BLUNDER </TD></TR><TR><TD class=storylist_story align=middle width="8%"></TD><TD class=storylist_story>Sheffield United 1 Portsmouth 1 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=storylist_story align=middle width="8%"></TD><TD class=storylist_story>BLADES BOSS TWISTS THE KNIFE FOR DAVIS </TD></TR><TR><TD class=storylist_story align=middle width="8%"></TD><TD class=storylist_story>STEAD GOES STRAIGHT IN </TD></TR><TR><TD class=storylist_story align=middle width="8%"></TD><TD class=storylist_story>JON HOPING FOR HOME COMFORTS </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SPAN id=intelliTXT>

Sheffield United have signed Senegal defender Mamadou Seck from Le Havre and Helsingborg's Jamaican striker Luton Shelton.

Seck, a 27-year-old centre-back has agreed a two-and-a-half-year deal, has been capped six times by Senegal, the last coming in June 2005.

Shelton, meanwhile, is an international team-mate of Blades defender Claude Davis and has scored one goal in four appearances for Jamaica.

The Blades and Helsingborg agreed a deal for the 21-year-old that will net the Swedish club in the region of £2million.

While Seck and Shelton arrived at Bramall Lane, Neil Shipperley headed in the opposite direction after his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

The 32-year-old scored 11 times last season as the Blades were promoted from the Coca-Cola Championship.

Being without a club means the former Barnsley and Crystal Palace striker is free to find a new team even after the closure of the transfer &#119;indow.</SPAN>

Comment

Back when he signed in Sweden I said it would be a good move, since the Swedish league is great "shop window" for players looking to move on to the bigger Euro leagues.

And low and behold!

Anyway, good move for him. However, it isn't the greatest situation for a striker who's looking to both settle and adapt in a new league when the team is already struggling. It might be that the best he can hope for is to bag some goals and make himself known. That way if the Blades go down he might be able to stay on in the Premiership with another team.

I wish him luck and look forward to seeing how he plays. You know, especially for when WC qualifying starts. (who else can't wait?)

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

Yuh really show yuh class this

time zepps. Thanks on behalf of Sheton. BTW how yuh Argie ballas doing? :P

Comment

excellent news for the youngster and for Bora

do the colours proud youth

Comment

He went on a trial in sweden late '04/early '05, but it didnt work out for him. He said they were impressed with his kicking ability but that seemed to be it.

Garfield would run one of the smaller leagues in Europe redso he could build some confidence for a season or two in a Scandinavian country while they put on the final touches namely concentration and adding accuracy to that cannon on his left - then let him loose on in one of the bigger leagues for a profit.

I do wonder if Rivoli would get anything off him if he made a move in the near future or would it be just Waterhouse making a killing.
                            SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Garfieldactually went on a loan in Norway not Sweden. Here is the Article

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>It is work, not a joyride, says Garfield Reid</SPAN>
                              <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Ian Burnett, Observer staff reporter
                              Saturday, July 03, 2004
                              </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                              <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=146 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>REID ... I plan to put in a lot of hard work </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Garfield Reid, the left-sided midfielder/defender from Rivoli United, has no illusions about what the task ahead will be when he takes up his loan offer at Norwegian first division side HamarKameratene (Ham-Kam) in a couple of weeks' time.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I know it is work, not a joyride, so I know what I have to do and I will just have to wait until I come back home to enjoy myself," Reid told Sporting World on Thursday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The 23 year-old, who broke into the senior Reggae Boyz squad in February, after impressive displays for the Under-23s, is now eagerly awaiting his work permit before journeying off to the cold climes in Norway.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I feel good about it (loan offer), and all I am going to do now is to go there and try to do my best and see what I can get out of it," said a determined Reid, who will not play in Jamaica's semi-final round World Cup qualifier against the United States on August 18, due to his ejection against Haiti in the return leg qualifier on June 20 here at the National Stadium.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Reid went on a two-week trial stint with Club Starbach earlier this year and was quite satisfied with his performances then.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It was a good experience for me despite the cold and everything. But they say if you want good your nose has to run, and mine did run," he said with laughter.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"But it was not so difficult to adjust to the weather because I had already prepared my mind for it, so I just went out there and did what I had to do..."<P class=StoryText align=justify>Reid is on loan to Ham-Kam for the remainder of the season, which should end by November.<P class=StoryText align=justify>And like before, Reid is determined to brave the cold temperatures and make the best of this opportunity.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I plan to put in a lot of hard work so I already plan to fight the cold conditions," he said. "Most of the guys know English, so I can talk to them. The last time I was there the guys were nice," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>And his colleagues at Rivoli United are all happy for him, claimed Ansel Smart, the club's vice president. "The entire club is happy, but it is not a surprise because he (Reid) has quality, so we will just have to deal with it," Smart declared.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Ham-Kam have the option to buy if Reid impresses them at the end of his loan spell.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"This is more for Garfield Reid and not really for the club."
                              Smart also declared that Rivoli United benefited financially with "some amount of money coming into the kitty", but he was not prepared to divulge the specific amount.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Smart also noted that the process of obtaining the work permit should be finalised "in a couple of days, no longer than two weeks."
                              SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Working...
                              X