When are we going to stress speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are we going to stress speed?

The pace is pedestrian in this game.... You beat weaker teams like Guyana by passing and moving at speed, yet we are walking around kicking aimless long passes.

why pick up the pce? We nah play fi nothing. The man them a conserve the energy.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When our younger players grow up learning to play that way. Most of our players can't play at any great speed and that is why they breakdown when a team presses them. Ball control and passing lacking at that pace.

Comment

wha di man dem a run fa? 4-0 on the trottle inna first gear.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't think the speed of play relates only to this game. Our defense and midfield is extremely poor when the tempo of the game steps up to the top Intl level.

Comment

Are any of you really looking at the pitch and seeing how the ball bounces!!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              wha di man dem a run fa? 4-0 on the trottle inna first gear.
              Run??? Yuh tink ah Champs dis??

The speed that we are deficient in is not foot speed...but speed of thought & decisionmaking ...anticipating where to move & where to pass... we're a couple steps behind where we should be.. and foot speed cyaan mek up dat
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
                Are any of you really looking at the pitch and seeing how the ball bounces!!
                Don't enlighten them.

Comment

Combine that with players who have no touch and this crap football is what we have to watch...

Comment

All I am saying in a tournament where you already qualify for the second round and have games to play that you will need the energy, why use it up? Just relax and pass the ball around. We had nothing to lose.

Now everyman a go get technical like I am not talking about one game.

Comment

unnu cool unnu foot. I am saying in a tournament you already qualify for the semi then you go out and play not at top speed but just enough for sharpness. Why waste energy when you may need it in the next round?

Comment

Mine eyes have seen the Glory..

Barca mi seh !

Comment

Even when you see bigger sides taking it easy and just focusing on possession, the man them still interchaning fast and making the ball move quickly. They do less pressing in defense and a lot more lateral passes in possession. Our team incorporate too much sloppy play into their game when they are taking it easy.

Comment

The last Reggaeboyz team to exhibit this was during the Lazaroni Era.

Ole ! Ole ! Ole !

Mi membah.. some here conveniently nuh memba...

Comment

speed and sloppy play a two different thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X