Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mourinho Banned !!....He is having such a good week

Madrid's Mourinho banned for deliberate red cards

cnnShare.init(); PRINT EMAIL ARTICLEURLBuzz up! FACEBOOK DIGG TWITTER RSS SHARE

setActiveStyleSheet( CNN_FONT_COOKIE ? CNN_FONT_COOKIE : null );adsonar_placementId=1293005;if( cnnPageInfo_source && cnnPageInfo_source == "ap" ) adsonar_placementId=1292995;adsonar_pid=770769;ads onar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=300;adsonar_zh=175;cnnad_createSL();

NYON, Switzerland (AP) -- Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has been banned for one Champions League match for instructing players to get deliberate red cards so they could serve suspensions in a meaningless game.
    Mourinho also was fined 40,000 euros ($51,990) Tuesday by the Union of European Football Associations for instructing Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos to get ejected against Ajax last week.
    Alonso and Ramos were fined 20,000 euros ($25,990). They already were suspended from Real's final first-round match, against Auxerre on Dec. 8, but are free to play in the second round.
    Madrid has clinched first place in Group G.
    Mourinho also was given a further one-match suspension to be imposed if he is found guilty within the next three years of what UEFA calls "improper conduct.''
    Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz16niDrkEV

they should suspend them for the next game too.

Comment

Foolishness, he should appeal, so what if the man did what was best for his team?

Is there a rule anywhere that says he cant pick up deliberate cards?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

He is at an important turning point. He has more pressure on him now than he has ever had. His response to yesterday's defeat and to recent sanctions, and I dont mean his words, will determine whether he is truly a great manager or just another manager who has been fortunate to be at key places with great players at opportune times.

As to your team, they are really doing well. Sir Harry might have lucked into the right situation with the right personalities. Fergie let on that one of the reasons why he Fergie let some great players go over the years was because the Manager needs to have personalities that, in spite on locker room rivaries, can play together and not think they are the boss of the manager. Harry has all that going for him and I would not be surprised if Spurs broke into "the club" by winning the Prem. While Liverpool played well and could have won on Sunday, the Spurs team is playing attractive football and seems quite happy as a unit.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Comical ... furthermore, which game is he going to miss? A game they can afford to lose?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

[quote=Sickko;265880]Foolishness, he should appeal, so what if the man did what was best for his team?

Is there a rule anywhere that says he cant pick up deliberate cards?

I know you must be kidding and you know it's the spirit of the game and bringing the game into disrepute that he's being puished for.

Yes.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
              He is at an important turning point. He has more pressure on him now than he has ever had. His response to yesterday's defeat and to recent sanctions, and I dont mean his words, will determine whether he is truly a great manager or just another manager who has been fortunate to be at key places with great players at opportune times.

As to your team, they are really doing well. Sir Harry might have lucked into the right situation with the right personalities. Fergie let on that one of the reasons why he Fergie let some great players go over the years was because the Manager needs to have personalities that, in spite on locker room rivaries, can play together and not think they are the boss of the manager. Harry has all that going for him and I would not be surprised if Spurs broke into "the club" by winning the Prem. While Liverpool played well and could have won on Sunday, the Spurs team is playing attractive football and seems quite happy as a unit.
              Everyone I talk about Harry says the same thing...He can manage ego's and personalities better than anyone even Sir Alex.

But I will tell you that Spurs has a culture at the club where they very cocky when they are doing well, this was big back in the earlier part of the decade I hope has rid them so I can still smile come next April.

Comment

D'Accord Monsieur Ginola.
                "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Maybe he shouldn't have been so obvious with it?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

he is a good manager.. very tactical give him that not what he did a chelsea or even inter.. but what he did at porto... I will give him that.. but he could have done what he did more subtle but him chat too much an too boast.. him should get 3 games.. his ego too big..

Comment

Wait till him take over from Sir Alex at Man United unnu gwine mad!
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Me and Lazie agree? Wonder if me can change me mind...? LOL!
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                        X