No announcement yet.

Burrell bows - Vexed JFF boss gives in to Boyz’s pay demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is dudus when;you need him.... man a chat bout dem nah play.... ???

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      Burrell's mentor, a certain Jack W. did much the same to the T&T side that came back from Germany, when they demanded a higher cut of the profits the TTFF garnered from the outing.

A bag of them never played for T&T again, including Shaka Hislop, who still leads the struggle of the "blacklisted" players.

Wouldn't surprise me if Burrell does something similar, but of course the incremental amount conceded to the players for the per diem is not of the same magnitude the TT players were/are looking for. He might acquiesce. $100US seems reasonable to me particularly if the JFF isn't buying all meals... which seems a bit unlikely though; wouldn't the players' diet be controlled?
      I believe meals for the players are covered.

Comment

they were told that they would receive x when them reach dem get y

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          Burrell's mentor, a certain Jack W. did much the same to the T&T side that came back from Germany, when they demanded a higher cut of the profits the TTFF garnered from the outing.

A bag of them never played for T&T again, including Shaka Hislop, who still leads the struggle of the "blacklisted" players.

Wouldn't surprise me if Burrell does something similar, but of course the incremental amount conceded to the players for the per diem is not of the same magnitude the TT players were/are looking for. He might acquiesce. $100US seems reasonable to me particularly if the JFF isn't buying all meals... which seems a bit unlikely though; wouldn't the players' diet be controlled?
          Where is TT now.

Comment

"Exactly" some might say.
            Peter R

Comment

I assume x is greater than y?

So who screwed up?
              Peter R

Comment

dat nuh count fi nutten...Trinidad is a Banana Republic...well no.. Bacchanal Republic den

...saved from ruin by a geological accident
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

No mi nuh figget dat.

There may be reprisals on individuals ...but any concerted campaign for retribution on the Gang of Four will not be accepted by the public...which public the JFF desperately needs..

It would be different if the issue was one of insubordination or breaking of rules...but in this case of players standing up for fair compensation.. J Publik cyaan frown pon dat..

even dough it did look lie ah hold down tek whey ting
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

hope yuh right!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The point I'm making is he is mimicking Jack, down to the plaint that him haffi dip inna him owna packit fi subsidise de team...
                      Peter R

Comment

Burrell must have known what was coming, but decided to play chicken,
                        who blink first, at the end of the day he was counting on the players to look bad nad him smelling like roses

Comment

Boyd did have a similar run in wid the Captain, according to him, Burrel mek big promise then cry amnesia, an when him mek a stink, him caan si di team

Comment

Working...
                          X