Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luton Shelton in now Jamaica's

leading scorer?

[FONT='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]OGNR #Football: Jamaica's Luton Shelton became the country's all time leading goal scorer yesterday after scoring twice against Antigua and Barbuda in the Digicel Caribbean Cup. Shelton who was tied on 28 with Paul 'Tegat' Davis, scored in the 14th and 37th minutes to help Jamaica to a 3-1 win over their Caribbean neighbours.

[/FONT]
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Congratulations Mr. Shelton! Keep it up.

Comment

that must be in caribbean competition. i think tappa has more than 28 goals overall.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I find it hard to believe .Whey dem bredda get dem stats fram ?
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The JFF has always had problems keeping stats and I too have my doubts about these numbers.

If we recall leading up to the 1998 WC they had some players playing over 250 internationals then had to revise those numbers when they found out some Egyptian guy had the world record with just 170 or so.

What they did then was count every single game, regardless of whether they were A or B internationals or even friendlies against local teams.

I recall when Tegat 'broke' the record with 31 goals it was in a game at Frome against a Tanka All-Star team under Simoes.

Then they went back and recalculated the figures but I dont know if they still got it right.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            that must be in caribbean competition. i think tappa has more than 28 goals overall.

tegat had 32 goals but 4 of his goals were not against international teams
            but JA v Clubs . So shelton 30 goals were all against International teams so yes shelton can claim the record .
            Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
            United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
            happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
            Probably forthcoming...

Comment

The worst player to ever lead in scoring. bare small fry him score gainst

Comment

Pity he could not score some of these in Haiti in 2007
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                X