What Alonso and Ramos did yesterday was dispicable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Alonso and Ramos did yesterday was dispicable

Making sure you get a red card because you want to start the round of 16 with a clean slate knowing you already qualified first in your group is just disgusting.

This very bad for the game and UEFA should give them at least a 3 match ban.

Real Madrid duo Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos get themselves deliberately sent off

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 12:53 AM on 24th November 2010

Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos caused controversy last night after they deliberately got themselves sent off in Real Madrid’s 4-0 win at Ajax.

The Spaniards picked up second bookings for time-wasting in order to miss the final Group G game at home to Auxerre next month.

Red No 1: Xabi Alonson (left) is given a red card

Real have qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League and Alonso and Ramos can now start this phase with a clean slate.
    Ramos was taking a goal kick when he began adjusting his socks. Referee Craig Thomson then issued a second yellow and a red card.

Red No 2: Referee Craig Thomson gives Sergio Ramos is marching orders

Ramos shook hands with the official before going off after Alonso had also been sent off for timewasting.

‘I don’t think it was necessary to get those red cards as we were in control,’ said manager Jose Mourinho.

The goals came from Karim Benzema, Alvaro Arbeloa and two from Cristiano Ronaldo.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz16CyjM9QR

The genius of Murinho at work.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      The genius of Murinho at work.

Yuh fus mi!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Scaly, its not the first things like this happen. If the other team was good enough, they wouldn't pull such stunts
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

For selfish reasons (and mourinho is probably who told them to do it) they're going to make it bad for everyone...UEFA will now probably have to re-think how the "clean slate" will be applied.

My respect for these players is now in line with the respect I have for Mourinho... none; in their defence, they were surely following the boss' directives.
          Peter R

Comment

A wha duh Scaly, that happen all in DCup and Under 16 games here..
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

how is this different from a deliberate handball on the goalline in order to save a sure goal and instead concede a penalty? or a deliberate (professional foul)?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Did I ever say I had any problem with any of these gamesmanship ploys, same knife stick sheep stick goat
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

did i say that you said i said that anyone said that you had a problem? i just axe a question to all and sundry!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

OK boss...
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      how is this different from a deliberate handball on the goalline in order to save a sure goal and instead concede a penalty? or a deliberate (professional foul)?
                      In these cases, the actions are not instigated by the coach!! These are decisions made by the players independently. If that had happened it would have been (marginally) more understandable, but the players were caught in a professional and ethical no man's land as they were directly instructed from the bench to get their second yellows. As things go in football (especially when Jose is involved), ethics went out the window.
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                      X