Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF get tough

JFF to get tough on training absenteeism

National football coach Theodore ‘Tappa’ Whitmore.

National coach Theodore ‘Tappa’ Whitmore says the Jamaica Football Federation will have to get tough on players, who fail to show up to national duties without reasonable explanation when invited.
    Whitmore was fuming on Monday afternoon as Sergio Campbell of Glenmuir and Troy Smith of Village United were absent from training.
    Whitmore was able to locate Campbell, but got no response from the other.
    “This is something we have to seriously look into. This is why the coaching staff comes under a bit of pressure sometimes with the national players,” Whitmore said.
    The Reggae Boyz are preparing to defend their Digicel Caribbean Cup title starting on Saturday in Martinique.
    Whitmore says the team has prepared well but scoring remains a problem.
    “You worry about everything, if we are able to score a goal and defend it. The main objective of every game is to get three points but so far I seriously think we can defend the title, if we go out there and defend the work,” Whitmore said.
    Striker Luton Shelton was also absent from training to due to injury.
    Shelton suffered the injury during a collision with goal keeper Dwayne Miller, while away preparing for the recent friendly against Costa Rica.
    However, most of the 20 players selected are now in training including Marvin, who Morgan was on the end of a strong challenge from Ajuran Brown during Boys Town premier league match Sunday.
    Striker Omar Cummings will join the squad in training Tuesday after helping MLS side Colorado Rapids to the MLS Cup Sunday night.
    However, Cummings could report to camp with an injury after he was substituted during the game with a suspected thigh strain.
    The Reggae Boyz leave on Thursday to open their campaign against Antigua/Barbuda on Saturday.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

One more schoolers missing?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Knew you would take that bait but this cant be compared with the situation with the St James High duo.

There is a provision that says if you accept the invite then you need to show up
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Get tough!?!?! What happen to the Boopie Barrett ban? Did I see him in Ft Lauderdale last week with the team. Or was it someone else who looked like Boopie?
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
        X