Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA and their foolishness

and by extension UEFA and other FA's...

Reagrding the Etoo incident they have no qualms about using video replays to fix a situation... I have no problem with that. So why can't they do the same to correct bad decsions or missed calls that result in goals/or disallowed goals especially, and affect the outcome of matches? I just don't get it.

A video replay immediately would have ascertained that Etoo should have been red-carded immediately btw.
    Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    and by extension UEFA and other FA's...

Reagrding the Etoo incident they have no qualms about using video replays to fix a situation... I have no problem with that. So why can't they do the same to correct bad decsions or missed calls that result in goals/or disallowed goals especially, and affect the outcome of matches? I just don't get it.

A video replay immediately would have ascertained that Etoo should have been red-carded immediately btw.
    Peter, does it really make any sense for FIFA to go back and change the outcome of a game after the fact? Please ... think about it.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Peter, does it really make any sense for FIFA to go back and change the outcome of a game after the fact? Please ... think about it.
      That's not what he's saying. What (I think) he is saying is that they should use video during the game, that way, there is no need for any post mortem. Eto'o went on to score a goal, which will count, so what if goal difference ends up being a factor in Inter's standings? That's why it's foolishness to not use the technology during the game. Everybody watching the game - except the people who need to know most - knew Eto'o committed an infraction. Madness.

I think it's because they (FIFA) are so corrupt that video would take away another way for them to manipulate football. And don't believe it doesn't happen.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Sorry if I didn't make it clear...maybe only Liverpool fans understand me (see Paul's response).

Did you see Bruce's post on what the NHL does? I don't see why football can't use existing technology to solve problems immediately or soon after the fact (during the match) in a similar fashion.
        Peter R

Comment

unnuh share a brain?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

There is nothing wrong with using video after the game is over to investigate an incident which may result in a player being fined and/or suspended.

Just to recap Peter's post, the NHL uses video replays to review disputed goals, or plays that were ruled "no goal" by the referee on the ice, but video could show that the play was in fact a goal.

If play is stopped, the video MUST be reviewed before play resumes.

If the ruling is NO GOAL, and play continues, the video must be reviewed at the next whistle. If the ruling is changed to a goal, all subsequent actions, including another goal and minor penalties, are voided.

When I first joined this site, there was a big commotion about a local game that ended 1-0. A TVJ crew was there taping the game, and after the game was over, the video showed the winning goal entered
            the net from outside the post, through the side netting.

In another game that I personally watched at Drax Hall, the only goal of the game was shot from the left corner of the box, entered through the net just inside the far post, and rolled out through a hole at the back. The referee ruled it a goal.

The other team claimed the shot was wide. During the argument, the player who scored the goal pled his case by taking the ball and rolling it through the hole. After consulting with his assistant, the referee ruled the goal would stand.

Comment

me an paul? genetically I suppose...
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                There is nothing wrong with using video after the game is over to investigate an incident which may result in a player being fined and/or suspended.

Just to recap Peter's post, the NHL uses video replays to review disputed goals, or plays that were ruled "no goal" by the referee on the ice, but video could show that the play was in fact a goal.

If play is stopped, the video MUST be reviewed before play resumes.

If the ruling is NO GOAL, and play continues, the video must be reviewed at the next whistle. If the ruling is changed to a goal, all subsequent actions, including another goal and minor penalties, are voided.

When I first joined this site, there was a big commotion about a local game that ended 1-0. A TVJ crew was there taping the game, and after the game was over, the video showed the winning goal entered
                the net from outside the post, through the side netting.

In another game that I personally watched at Drax Hall, the only goal of the game was shot from the left corner of the box, entered through the net just inside the far post, and rolled out through a hole at the back. The referee ruled it a goal.

The other team claimed the shot was wide. During the argument, the player who scored the goal pled his case by taking the ball and rolling it through the hole. After consulting with his assistant, the referee ruled the goal would stand.
                Bruce, I think you told me about this before and you said then the ball entered the goal...at least that was what I remembered...if I am wrong, I plead Shady-Pinenitist ...point is I think you said it really was a goal.
                mi rite or Shady-Pinenitist mi ave?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

For Karl, I just want to clarify what I said about the Drax Hall incident. It looked like a good goal to me, the referee originally ruled it a good goal, and after conferring with his linesman, the referee said it was still a good goal.

The player pled his case by taking the ball and rolling the ball through the hole in the back corner where the ball originally rolled out.

The game with the TVJ crew on site was a different game.

Karl, you need to go back on your memory meds. LOL.

Comment

hey guys..
                    i am quite agree with 'Bruce'.... my point of view and Bruce's point of view is completely same.... videos must be watch after or during match it has no bad effect....

Comment

Thanks!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

hey guys..
                        i am quite agree with 'Bruce'.... my point of view and Bruce's point of view is completely same.... videos must be watch after or during match it has no bad effect....

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post

Glad to see our local refs are just as incompetent as the big boys!!! But in fairness, the big boys probably have better nets than we do!!!
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Having purchased a few sets of soccer goal nets, I can personally attest that on the day of that game at Drax Hall, the net in question had so many holes in it, it would have taken an hour to repair.

Comment

Working...
                            X