RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X - what line up you would go to Spurs wid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X - what line up you would go to Spurs wid?

Idrin (oh keeper of the rafalution flame), if your lord and master were here, what team would he take to White Hart Lane on Sunday? Assume that Joe Cole is fit. Of course, I am really asking you what you would do.

My two cents:

----------------Reina
    Johnson----Skrtel---Kyrgiakos----Aurelio
    Babel-----Mierles------Poulsen-------Cole
    ----------Torres----------Kuyt

Notice I dropped Konchesky, Carragher, Maxi and Ngog from the side that beat West Ham and Lucas wouldn't even get pan di bus.

Carra and Maxi are too slow. I put Aurelio in for Konchesky as he did a great job when he came on last week and is a threat with set plays. Kyrgiakos is also a threat on set plays plus if them come with Crouch we have him in the air. Kyrgiakos is also much faster than Carra, so Carra get bench*.

I put Babel on the right wing instead of Kuyt as we need speed to counteract Bale (somebody just need to run wid him) and put Cole on the left wing to deal with Lennon further up the park. I moved Kuyt from right wing where he played last week to play up front with Torres instead of Ngog. This will give us ability to play higher up the park if the two front men can press Spurs back four. Kuyt and Torres have nuff work to do and this formation is highly dependent on their work rate defensively.

Depending on what happens in the UCL game, we might see Harry bench Jenas for Palacios to deal with Torres, but my guess is that Jenas will be on the pitch.

The problem we will have with Spurs is speed. Their midfield of Jenas, Modric, Lennon and Bale, with VDV and Pavleychenko (or maybe even Defoe) is way faster than our boys...and I mean - WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY faster. We are TOAST if we don't take the game to them. A defensive setup will seal our fate. Here's what I think Roy will come with:

-------------Reina
    Johnson-----Skrtel---Carragher---Konchesky
    Kuyt--------Lucas----Mierles-----Cole
    ------------Ngog-----Torres

This line up is too slow and not threatening enough. They won't worry about Lucas or Mierles and on set plays - well - we have nothing.

My two cents. What say you?

YNWA

* Benching Carra would leave us with no proven on field leadership, that is my only concern with that move. If so, Skrtel would get bench and Kyrgiakos would get game, BUT that would take away a very real potential scoring threat with the big Greek.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Yow X - you don' ansa mi!!! Wha's up!!!??? By the way, the team will do better WITHOUT Gerrard over the next month - watch me.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

.............. Reina......

Johnson----Skrtel---Kyrgiakos----Aurelio

...............Miereles .....

Kuyt ......Lucas .........Maxi ..

..............Cole .......

..............Torres.....

Subs Nygoog for Cole , Torres plays 90 min if healthy , Balance !
      Babel for Maxi , Kuyt Full 90 min
      Spearing For Miereles when we have wrapped up the game.

A couple of things , Roy will start Carragher , Miereles will be statred as an attacking midfielder , our right or left who knows !Kyriagotks ...I dont think Roy rates him , given what he has done this sesaon , remember the greek had to prove himself in the europa league before he gave him a prem start.

If Roy leaves that middle open , which I think he will in screwing up Lucas and Mireles position by sticking Poulsen in there(somewhere as a defensive midfielder ) then just forget the game.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Question for you KOP'ers, Why is Liverpool the only EPL team

not to have a black player as a regular starter?

This has been the case under Rafa and Roy.

Comment

not good enough i guess.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Very Odd, but Glen Johnson stands out under Rafa, Babel seems to be an option for Roy.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The guardian has Roy going with the same line up that was up against West Ham.

Comment

No poulsen , good line up , Johnson starts , Konschecky is a weak link , but over all good line up.

Comment

nice!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X