• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Kansas City Wizards

Kansas City Soccer Team Changes Name in 'New Time'
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: November 18, 2010

The Times's soccer blog has the world's game covered from all angles.
    Go to the Goal Blog

Filed at 10:45 a.m. EST
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Wizards are changing their name and logo, just in time to move into their new stadium.
    The club announced Wednesday that the team's name has been changed to Sporting Kansas City.
    Team CEO and managing partner Robb Heineman says the name change has been considered since OnGoal bought the team in 2005. The name change coincides with the team's move next season to a new $180 million stadium Wyandotte County, Kan.
    Heineman says the team will also have new colors — indigo and a shade of light blue — new uniforms and a new logo. The club, which won the 2000 MLS Cup, was one of 10 charter members of the league in 1995 and had been the Wizards since 1996.

yeah .. .the wiz never really seemed found favour with me...always made me think of people who drank too much beer and had bladder concerns...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      yeah .. .the wiz never really seemed found favour with me...always made me think of people who drank too much beer and had bladder concerns...
      Or this:

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

either way .... is not the proper name fi a football team!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

how about this?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND2kBfEmuhQ
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Remember the Dallas Burn, think bout this headline Wiz and Burn...ouch, that may need one of those red and black pills... well I heard about the pills
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
            X