One more Jamaican gone abroad. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more Jamaican gone abroad. . .

Oniel Thompson to sign withNorweigian 1st Division club Notodden Fotball Klubb. Siya, this is one to make my day!

Here is the article from the club's website. Not a very good translation I must warn you. Mo, beg Hue translate for us nuh?

Although this is a Norweigan team.

-------------------------------------------------------------<DIV id=contentContainer><H1>Spillerstallen begynner å bli klar</H1><DIV id=hoyreBilder align=right><P class=bilderamme align=left><DIV class=bilderamme></DIV><DIV class=bilderamme align=left><DIV class=bildetekst style="WIDTH: 250px"><DIV align=left>NFK-trenerne Jan Halvor Halvorsen og Harald Bjørnflaten (t.v.) fikk på plass den siste offensive brikken til sesongens spillerstall da Bala Garba ga muntlig ja. Han er ventet til byen i neste uke. </DIV></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>
    <P class=bilderamme align=left><DIV class=bilderamme></DIV><DIV class=bilderamme align=left><DIV class=bildetekst style="WIDTH: 250px"><DIV align=left>FORNØYD: - Vi er godt fornøyd med de spillerne som er på plass, sier Per Arne Hansen. </DIV></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>
    </DIV><DIV class=teaser>Oneil Thompson fra Jamaica kan bli den neste som trolig skriver under for NFK.
    Med Bala Garba, Kristian Ystaas, Erik Midtgarden og Josue Mayard på plass ser det veldig bra ut. </DIV><DIV class=text>

Den neste som trolig skriver under for NFK nå blir Oneil Thompson fra Jamaica.
    Jan Halvor har gitt NFK tilbakemeldinger på at han ønsker spilleren på permanent basis etter å ha hatt han på prøvespill i 14 dager i desember. Thompson har ett år igjen av kontrakten med sin klubb i hjemlandet.
    - Han blir ingen dyr mann å kjøpe fri, men det blir opp til klubben om de har råd til å hente han. Jeg ønsker ham da som sentral midtbane eller midtstopper, sier Jan Halvor, som er godt fornøyd med spillerfangsten så langt.
    Fire Nye
    Hvis man regner med at Oneil Thompson kommer, har klubben forsterket med Josue Mayard og Erik Midtgarden fra Pors, samt Kristian Ystaas fra Brann. En firerbande Halvorsen er fornøyd med å ha på plass.
    - Skal vi klare målsettingen om å ha fire lag bak oss på tabellen i årets sesong, må vi ha en bred og god stall. Det føler jeg at vi er i ferd med å få nå. Sannsynligvis vil vi havne på en stall med 23 mann, sier Jan Halvor, som også ønsker å hente den unge Morten Knudsen fra Konnerud som har imponert under sin treningsperiode i høst.
    Treningen begynt
    Skal stallen styrkes ytterligere nå er det trolig venstreback/venstre indreløper som står på lista. Men Jan Halvor har ingen hast med å få på plass den spilleren. Treningene har startet opp etter juleferien, og nå venter det arbeid seks dager i uka på spillerne framover. Både tirsdag og torsdag er det to økter, og det er kun søndag spillerne har fri nå som oppkjøringen til debutsesongen i 1. divisjon starter for alvor.
    Potten er oppbrukt
    Daglig leder i NFK, <PERSONNAME w:st="on" />Per Arne Hansen</PERSONNAME /> sier at den forløpige potten til spillerkjøp nå er tom – noe som betyr at en endelig avgjørelse med tanke på Oneil Thompson er utsatt. Klubben jobber nå med å få ferdig budsjettet for 2007, og før det er endelig klart, blir det ikke gjort noen henvendelse mot Thompson.
    - Vi er godt fornøyd med de spillerne som er på plass, og det er ikke umulig at vi tar kontakt med Thompson igjen hvis vi finner penger til det i budsjettet, sier Per Arne, som anslår at budsjettet havner på 18 millioner eller mer. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Tekst: Trond Kaasa
    <SPAN class=font21>trond.kaasa@telen.no</SPAN></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

</SPAN>

<
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: One more Jamaican gone abroad. . .

That was a translation?

Anyway thanks much for the post...and, CONGRATULATIONS to Mr. Thompson! (tup)
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You call that a translation:heheN)
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sorry, it did not translate. Maybe Mo can help us since he is supposed to be good in those Slavic languages. BTW, here is a map of Norway pointing out Notodden.

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I saw him Sunday and he looked like crap, he should be glad none of the officials from this club saw him they would have changed their mind, twice he almost gave up own goals.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Is it possiblehe was having an off day. :?: Don't tell me you are going to start hating on this one too Sickko?

Comment

If I had seen this before 11pm I would have bought lotto. This is indeed a good day.

Wah dat?! Tomorrow's Gleaner headline - Boravows toLeggo di P...l!

Seriously though, we are sending players from all positions abroad - mek a guy tell me bout we not as talented as we think now. If Thompson can get some experience in central midfield in the Swedish league, that would be great for Jamaica I know he can also play in Central defense but we need options at central midfield.
              SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Siya (1/12/2007)If I had seen this before 11pm I would have bought lotto. This is indeed a good day.

Wah dat?! Tomorrow's Gleaner headline - Boravows toLeggo di P...l!

Seriously though, we are sending players from all positions abroad - mek a guy tell me bout we not as talented as we think now. If Thompson can get some experience in central midfield in the Swedish league, that would be great for Jamaica I know he can also play in Central defense but we need options at central midfield.
                Soooo...talent abounds! ...and, it is found in everynook and crannyof the island! (tup)
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sometimes we just don't THINK.

I watch the commentators on Fox Sports and even when the games are boring and dull they find a way to put a POSITIVE spin on things.

I have been thinking about it(something some guys round here find hard to do and that is THINK) and I realise that its very important to find the positives in life and in order to grow and groom a player one should be able to point out the bad but end it with a positive that can come from doing the right thing.

Nuff people bout yah you just can't find a positive word from them about certain players ANYTIME.

Now I know my words dont' carry any weight because as the dumb court jester who cares what I think. However if we don't stop and THINK on our actions how then are we going to see the consequences and make that decision to grow and move forward.

I honestly don't think that most of us are bad people but I think that a lot of our subconscious actions are as a result of slavery and we never took the time to "know ourselves" and question why we do what we do.

If we don't then how are we going to grow? Just watching the words and actions of ALL of us and its easy to see the legacy of slavery, colonialism and classism. No wonder our country is in the position that it is in now.

Somy question is why with the news of a player moving abroad to learn the game and possible change his life the first thing a journalists is going to say is that person had a bad game reh reh. What about congratulations and wishing you the best? What about not raining on that person's parade? Is it such a difficult task?

Right now Bora and all these coaches can come to Jamaica and make a killing off us because we fail to see that its not so much that our coaches can't coach its really about RESPECTING each other and treating the players like men and not slaves and thats what every coach that comes here understands.

Why you think under Rene as soon as the JFF stop with the salary thing for the players and stop respecting them everything went south?

Why our players who go overseas get player playeror fans player of the year awards like its going out of style but perform different for us?

Is it the white man or is it more than that? Have we ever stopped to THINK on that?

Why unnu think Bora's first word in Jamaica was respect? People know us more than we know ourselves and as long as thats true we will be paying out the nose. The bible say honor thy mother and father and we need to honor our Egyptian ancestors who tells us "Man know thyself" If we don't then we will be doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

LIke Micheal said I have got to make that change and I am starting with the man in the mirror(Pray)

We need a positive day around here at least once a month trust mi.

Comment

OK clowny, what exactly was the point you were trying to make there...maybe I am not smart enough but it went way over my head
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Boss stop waste you time trying to reason with the man.

You nuh see the man is unable to communicate without the dis business. Once you start getting into logic it is a bit above certain people level.

Congrats to the player on getting signed. Hopefully he will continue to improve and cause them to want more Jamaican players.

Comment

If Thompson can get some experience in central midfield in the Swedish league, that would be great for Jamaica I know he can also play in Central defense but we need options at central midfield.
                        BTW, it is the Norweigian league, not Swedish. We will take it anyway. . .

I am wondering how Oniel is going to survive the cold up there? Anyway, the move deserves a few (Clap)(Clap)(Clap)

Comment

Now I know my words dont' carry any weight because as the dumb court jester who cares what I think.
                          Anyway, you are taking this court jester thing too far now. I called you a court jester, not a fool or dumb as you put it. You are the one now classifying yourself as dumb.

FYI: In the days gone by, the court jester was a very responsible position to have. These were the guys who would keep kings and royalty for that matter entertained. The court jester was not necessariloy a dumb idiot, but an entertainer who could put acts together to keep his audience entertained.

Anyway, I noticed this post did not go about bigging up your chest and praising yourself as a guru etc, etc. Good going sah, just keep your posts coming. . .

Comment

I am a Guru

Everyone else say that they are Guru's and no one have a problem with it so why should my confidence and arrogance be a problem?

Again do we even question the "experts" and "guru's" as much as we question our own?

Why can't I be a Guru? You ever see me have a problem with Guy bigging up themselves so why others have a problem with yours truly bigging up himself?

How come when "guy" come pon here a big up Adu, The MLS, The USA rankings, Claudio Reyna etc. people no have a problem with it?

Where is the outrage? Mi stop repeat myself as like mi say mi no disrespect no guy so mi nah take no disrespect from no one and as long as mi deh pon this forum I have always warred but in a manner where it no get personal so no time no day will I accept any disrespect.

Nah hide and talk, I am saying it out loud and clear. Nuff a unnu tip toe round "friends" but have strength fi Shatta.

Like mi say mi say already mi done spot out nuff of us from far.

Shatta is a Guru because I say so, end of story and if guy no like it then guy walk wide of mi post them. Since when anyone know Shatta to be begging friends?(I mean really now)

Guy fi know demself.

Man and man a go round drapping Sickko up and telling him to change his ways but man a call big man jester but fraid fi call out Sickko.

The man is a journalist that needs to learn the meaning of "diplomacy" and more time mi wonder if him did have a granny cause my granny used to tell me that if you can't say good then don't say bad.

A positive news for another reggaeboyz so why no just say something positive or leave it alone?

done talk unnu do unnu thing, all mi a say is that it don't look good.

respect

Comment

I think you missed what I was saying. My post is saying I did not call you dumb as you are trying to make it out to be. You turned it into a dumb issue.

Anyway, I just expressed my opinion as to why most times people may not take your posts seriously. I am not saying you have to stop. You are a grown a$$ man and can do as you wish.

It is kind of funny how you and a few others have turned my post against me. All I said was after talking with you I finally got what you were saying. I then went on to say maybe my initial judgment was clouded by the tendency to see you always joking out issues (court jester reference here). I thought we had moved beyond that discussion, so I am now surprised to see you now refering to me calling you bumb. Come on Shatta, leggo off that and let us move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X