No announcement yet.

Beckham needs fi gi back some money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't know that... sorry. it means then that the points trophy doesn't really carry any weight/prestige?
    Peter R

Comment

No surprise for me that LA lost. Since mid season they haven't really impressed. Ricketts have been holding them up as they squeese out 1-0 wins.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Kovalenko, Berhalter and Lewis are due to retire. The Brazilian central defender makes many mistakes and Omar Gonzalez is slow. They have had problems all season against the quick teams.

Once Beckham returned the midfield lost its balance because they already had Juninho and Donovan as the creative sparks and the other two players doing the dirty work.

Comment

The galaxy won the Supporter's shield and as a result still qualify for the CONCACAF Champions league.

No one in America cares if you won the league, if you don't win in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
            Beckham served up some great balls yesterday, but no conversion occured...don't blame him.
            the kind of $$$$ that Beckham is pulling, he needs to do more than "serve" balls. After 3 years, with the team and they haven't won the MLS Cup yet ?

pay him less and then buy some other "good players"....
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              No surprise for me that LA lost. Since mid season they haven't really impressed. Ricketts have been holding them up as they squeese out 1-0 wins.
              is it that they have not impressed since Beckham returned ?

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                The galaxy won the Supporter's shield and as a result still qualify for the CONCACAF Champions league.

No one in America cares if you won the league, if you don't win in the playoffs.
                this entire MLS play off system needs to be scrapped. How can a team from the West be the East champs ? Only in Merica !!

its needs to be a league system, to determine a true champion, as in all the major futol countries. The US market, needs the play off system to generate $$$$ and interest. All of the major sports here, have this play off format, and MLS just a follow suit.

Comment

haul mi kno waus dem neva luk good laas nite!
                  ...di adda team man dem jus run wey lef fi dem man dem!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No even before. from about the middle of the season they have been flat. The did a little better towards the end but didn't look like a championship team to me.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The playoff system does not need to be scrapped . They simply need to do away with conferences or rename them. All the teams play each other twice anyway. Once you take away the designation of Eastern and Western conference finals it will simply be a semi-finals. Or if they want they can change the name of the conference to something else.

The playoffs brings much more exitement at the end of the season than a league format. Mexico plays with a playoff system and it works very well for them. Brazil used the same football system just a few years ago.

Comment

Not a thing wrong with the playoff system, we use it with DCup and Manning Cup and you see the crowd.

Excitement and dollars. The league need it. Bird can't fly pon one wing

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          Not a thing wrong with the playoff system, we use it with DCup and Manning Cup and you see the crowd.

Excitement and dollars. The league need it. Bird can't fly pon one wing
                          wasn't the EPL exciting down to the last round last year ? how many points did Chelsea win by ? how much excitement is it generating this season ?

Manning Cup takes the best two from each zone, and you can understand why...their season last from September to November.They have academics to concentrate on. The MLS, which last for 8-9 months, and these are professional players, this is their job, so their is no comparison.

When RSL won the Cup, they were the number 8 seed in the playoffs, that is, there were 7 teams that did better over the season than they did. They got lucky in the play offs. Were they the BEST team for the season ? NO !! they were the best for the 2-3 weeks of this play off system.

Comment

And RSL winning was very exciting.

There was no better atmosphere than the Sounder home game against the LA Galaxy and that would have been nonexistent without the playoffs. It is much better for the league and fits with American culture. Just like Mexico, America has been smart about how they are setting up their league.

Comment

Sass...was Manning Cup less exciting and had smaller crowds, when it was just 2 zones, back in the 80's ?

Comment

even when it was two zones it was not a league cup but a play off situation.

American Soccer have no great rivalry, or derby so the playoffs build the excitement. We all want to see the play off but who cares to see Chivas vs LA galaxy? or NY vs Philli?

Comment

Working...
                                X