X, Peter - Tonight's Game Highlights Roy's Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X View Post
    Paul ask yourself this , if Rafa was at the Helm this season would we be fighting a relegation battle ? Consider the transfers ((in & out )) Roy made this season , would you really trust him with funds to build a squad ? Is he on par with Rafa as it relates to tactical acumen ? When you put the factors of tactical acumen (relegation ) and tranfers over the summer , what time are you giving Roy to achieve what ?
    I give Roy until Christmas. If he is in striking distance of a top 4 place then you have to give him the season and money in January. If not, then I agree, he has to go. As far as comparing him to Rafa - there is no comparison. Rafa is a more accomplished manager by far.

However, when I called for Rafa's departure (I know you still vex wid mi fi dat), I was thinking the board would have been looking for a Rijkaard, a Hiddink or even Scolari...not "a Roy". I bet if Martin O'Neil had left Villa sooner, he would have been the man. I was actually expecting them to give King Kenny the work, but I am glad they didn't. Failure would have tarnished his illustrious service to the club.

You asked if I trust Roy to build a squad. At this moment, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't have a lot of money to spend in the summer, and Masch's departure (plus the distraction of the ownership battle) has had a very disruptive effect on the squad's performance in the early part of the season, so Rafa may well have been in the same predicament, though I doubt it.

You also criticise his signings. Based on the disclosed numbers, you realise that Roy spent net -£3,200,000 losing Riera and Masch, but getting Mierles, Poulsen, Konchesky and Cole (Free). If you throw the Benayoun business in there, he had a net -£9,200,000. In those terms, it is hard to be critical as it is not like you could throw a stone out there and find another Masch jus' like so.

When I fire up my crystal ball, I don't see Roy here at the end of the season. I think that NESV will do what real businessmen do and start scouring the landscape to line up a new manager. They will also do their homework on signings. They are not about to "trust" the signings to the manager alone; otherwise, they would not have brought in Comolli.

Regardless, it will be interesting. I am holding my breath, but I am optimisitic, with, or without Roy, as it is now NESV's time.

YNWA.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Torres is special. Second time I have seen him score a goal like his second goal today. Happy to see him finding his form again, only sorry it had to be against Chelsea.

Good win Liverpool!
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanks... I got home in the 50th minute and almost had a heart attack when I saw the score... of course I was riveted for the next 44 minutes . I'm now watching the replay about to start on Sportsmax.
        Peter R

Comment

Only sorry he did not sign with Chelsea when he had the chance. As our good friend Courtney would always say, form is temporary, class is permanent.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Who are these waste of space undervalued players that Hodgson spoke of , are they the same ones that just hammered Chel$ki ?

Different pool I saw , yesterday , seemed to play a bit up high and defended like champions.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
            X