No announcement yet.

Silly JFF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever it is. What is it now? Training center?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't know! But someone told me the other day, re the discarded project in Malvern, that he had asked what was the format of that academy and he got 3 different answers from three different people, all highly placed. I suspect it's no different right now.

But I will ask again, when was the last time anyone heard them refer to the UWI one as an academy?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mi nuh really a follow it because from day one I didn't see the planning for an academy but Jamaican style them will call it "academy" anyway as long as them can throw two ball on the field.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          No a lot of Bright kids give up the game just to go and study.

You remember Derrick Miller (the runner), I say him years after and he said he didn't run class 1 as he decided to stick to his subjects. It work out for him, while he wasn't rich but you get the drift.

Some talented upper class youth parent actually tell them fi drop the ball and stick to the book even when them get call for JA. It goes both ways as the ones who falling behind are sometimes forced to choose as well. It doesn't have to be that way.
          ...not only rich kids. Just many kids!

I remember when I was at Mannings there were many kids (boys and girls) with what I thought was good talent at track who just did not hit the track. They came out for the fun meets (weekly meets, house meets) and many without any background work at track were just there or thereabouts with the 'track stars'. The books they decided were more important.

btw - In a gereral sense, I do not see why you cannot do both! In my mind it was and it still is, not one or the other.

...and the results I see around me everyday. Former participants who did very well in both the 'books field' and the 'sports field'.

In that group that may have had a shot of becoming world beaters many were not prevented from so doing because of 'beating the books'. There were many other distractions and cold calculations that went into decisions on why they 'dropped out of sports'.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think that most Prinicpals and teachers are not very receptive of their students spending time in sports when they could use it for bookwork.

This is not unique to Jamaica because even when I was in college in the US a lot of the teachers were at first not very receptive for you missing a class to go and play sports but you have to try and work with them and then they will make the effort.

Comment

I think that most Prinicpals and teachers are not very receptive of their students spending time in sports when they could use it for bookwork.

This is not unique to Jamaica because even when I was in college in the US a lot of the teachers were at first not very receptive for you missing a class to go and play sports but you have to try and work with them and then they will make the effort.
              You are right on that. Changing slowly as more and more who were involved in sports at some level move into the core groups - principals, VPs, heads of departments, etc. - that manage the schools.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you can do both, but difficult to be the best in either if you do!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  you can do both, but difficult to be the best in either if you do!
                  ...just so-so difficult to be the best at anything!

Comment

Word on the streets is that the kids were pulled because if they went with the under 20s they would miss the later stage of DCUP.

I think that is what Burrell is responding too, you never see smoke without fire.

Comment

Word on the streets is that the kids were pulled because if they went with the under 20s they would miss the later stage of DCUP.

I think that is what Burrell is responding too, you never see smoke without fire.
                      Let's for argument sake accept 'the word' is true, is this how the JFF should handle the matter?

Silly JFF!

Comment

If it true they should ban the school from competition. What if every principal do this at the expense of representing Jamaica?

I am sure other schools have their top students at the under 20 competition so it is also unfair to them.

How do you deal with this if it is true?

Comment

Isn't it this type of situation that the academy is for? Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel?

Comment

I could tell you some tings, but not everyting good fi talk, esp. on this forum!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I can imagine. I just heard one troubling one too.

Comment

Not true they have both played both games so far in the I-zone round
                                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                                X