No announcement yet.

Nani's goal............................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nani's goal............................

Lazie, I guess the forum is waiting 'till monday to erupt.

Big teams get all the break.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

how was it a break?

Gomez is to be blamed. The ref never blew his whistle or stop play, did he?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It's all Gome's fault. What is he the GK and referee ?

and then Harry is blaming the ref ? joke !!
      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Completely agree. Gomes screwed up and has to take 100% of the blame. I think that it was unsporting and maybe opportunistic of Nani, but you have to consider who he plays for... (I can't help myself )
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

It was a bit comical.

Questionable tackle on Nani!
          No penalty!

...then Nani hugs hugs the ball.
          No free-kick!

'keeper Gomes then takes up the ball...puts it down for what he thought was a free-kick.

...all playing has stopped.

Gomes waits for Nani to go by before taking kick.

Ref shrugs!

Nani skips by Gomes and moves in on ball....

Gomes makes attempt to defend his goal...

Nani rolls ball in as Gomes makes dispairing attempt to stop it going in his goal.

Ref goes ove to his assistant and the both have animated discussion...

Incredibly...goal awarded!

Surely Nani's 'hugging' of the ball was plain for all to see?
          Yes?
          Yes! ...OK!

Ref (with compliance of his assistant) rules that a player other than the 'keeper has a right to hug the ball during normal run of play!

...or he was just instituting his new addition to the rules
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Just a question - do you think if the tables were turned that the ref would have awarded Spurs that goal at OT? I believe this is the same ref that didn't award Pedro Mendez's goal that was a good yard inside Roy Carroll's goalmouth a few years ago. As Arsenio used to say - it's one of those things that make you go...hmmmmmmmmmm....still, Gomes was a fool to let that happen to him.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              Completely agree. Gomes screwed up and has to take 100% of the blame. I think that it was unsporting and maybe opportunistic of Nani, but you have to consider who he plays for... (I can't help myself )

Unsporting? Last I checked he turned to the ref who said play on.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Why you saying bad things about the Portugal team?
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

"PLAY THE WHISTLE" ...... is that a new rule?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                    Just a question - do you think if the tables were turned that the ref would have awarded Spurs that goal at OT? I believe this is the same ref that didn't award Pedro Mendez's goal that was a good yard inside Roy Carroll's goalmouth a few years ago. As Arsenio used to say - it's one of those things that make you go...hmmmmmmmmmm....still, Gomes was a fool to let that happen to him.
                    In Gomes' defense - In such a caldron, even as a ref you do not clearly hear anything...you see mouths working and you sometimes hear sounds that appear to come from particularly players...one thing you aways hear is the sound of the 'new whistle'.

Some years before I retired as ref the type whistle used was changed to a type that had distinctive sound. That distinctive sound rises above the din.

I am thinking, Gomes heard that sound. I would go so far as to state that it appeared that he (obviously?) heard a whistle. That must have been the reason why he released the ball. No 'keeper of his standing puts a ball down and retreats from it to take a kick with opposing players around unless he is 'sure' the ball is dead. Again, I am thinking that he heard something that gave him comfort in believing the ball was dead.

That said based on the position of the ref and the position of his assistant when the tackle preceding Nani's hugging-up of the ball was made and on Nani's hugging-up of the ball ...I am amazed by the ref's actions. I am thinking there is just no way they both could have missed Nani's sliding along with ground the ball in his grasp. Even today...it appears to me amazing action by the officials.

What is it that had that prolonged discussion on? Nani had accidentally handled the ball for the length of time he did his 'hugging' act? Bwoy?
                    Last edited by Karl; November 1, 2010, 10:35 AM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

the whistle him hear a inna him head.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

did HE say that he heard a whistle?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Karl assuming he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            the whistle him hear a inna him head.
                            According to the ref...
                            ...yet by allowing the goal the ref has said - Nani's hugging of the ball is A-OK!

Seems to me the ref is the one who screwed up! ...and he screwed up horribly!

Comment

no the ref is saying play the whistle

Comment

Working...
                              X