Let me shay Cheers to a good MLS season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me shay Cheers to a good MLS season

When MLS started it was a young league and took a while to build. Then came the Damani Ralph, Beasley, and some good youngsters who were transferred to Europe. You had a few good South and Central American Ballas who played their last few years in the MLS. The product got stagnant and I kind of turn away from it.

However this season has been a very good one with some exciting ballers and some good quality of play. More teams are owning their stadium and more people are in the stands. Some of the games have gotten exciting and not just a little clapper.

You can actually see some exciting players on the field and some good quality goal keeping. To add to all of that is Jamaicans are setting the league on fire been the second most productive country in the league. We have top Jamaican players and Jamaican connected players like Andy Williams, Tyrone Marshall, Donovan Ricketts, Ryan Johnson, Omar Cummings, Dane Richards, Sean Johnson, Khari Stephenson, Sean Francis, Anthony Wallace, Lovel Palmer, Obrien White, Jeff Cunningham, Julian Deguzman. All have at least one Jamaican Parent and have played major role for their teams this season.

The MLS has added two new team. The Tickets for Vancouver is already sold out and the other team tickets are going fast. The attendance has improved and I can bet you TV viewership has also improved. It is the best MLS season I have seen and as the teams improve and the amount of teams improve now not every team going to make it to the play off as(as it seems) the seasons past.

One thing the MLS have to consider, when is it you stop accepting new team? or it is going to be like a NFL structure? When ever that happen is when the value of teams are going to rise as cities try to outbid each others and investors try to get in on it and move it to their favorite city.

The Cosmos seems bent on getting a second team in NY. One disappoint is the worthless reporting of my good friend who gave it up because his no good team couldn't even beat a DPL under 21 side
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass I agree with you 100% on the MLS season this year, especially about that wutless team down the I95. What a real trashy side... The standard has improve drastically over the last 2 years that even got me watching a couple of games. With the infiltration of the Jamaican players, I am regularly torn between which side to cheer for. My 3 favourite sides are NYRB, RSL and Colorado Rapids then the LA Galaxy. I am very happy for Andy Williams most of all because of his tribulations. I have said it before and I will say it again, Jamaica now have a deep pool of international players that we can field at least two solid teams. The local ballers have also raised their standard from what I have seen on tv.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Di season good yes kah fi mi, kah wi hab some ballah ah done di place, ebn di Bomber fine back di touch.

Comment

Working...
      X