• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISSA poised for full membership of JFF

ISSA poised for full membership of JFF
    BY PAUL A REID Observer Writer
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ROSE HALL, St James — Dr Walton Small, president of the Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association (ISSA), was pleasantly surprised on Sunday when it was announced that his organisation could soon be a senior affiliate of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF).

General secretary of the JFF, Horace Reid, announced at Sunday's JFF Congress held at the Iberostar Resort in Rose Hall, St James, that ISSA, one of the minor affiliates, could soon become a full member.

SMALL... it's an opportunity to dialogue and have discussion on a higher level

SMALL... it's an opportunity to dialogue and have discussion on a higher level

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    1/1

On Monday, Reid told the Observer that full membership would see "changes in the voting privileges as well as ISSA would also enjoy all the benefits of membership".

Presently, ISSA as a minor affiliate is allowed one vote, while senior affiliates are entitled to two votes.

Small told the Observer the move came "as a big surprise. We never thought they were thinking along those lines".

Being elevated to senior affiliate status, Dr Small said, would give them "an opportunity to dialogue and have discussion on a higher level, instead of just being the recipient of information".

The Wolmer's Boys' principal said, "There are many issues that the input of ISSA needs to be heard on and addressed and if we become a full delegate it would ensure that we get the chance to air them fully."

ISSA had been working with the JFF over the past few months in an effort to get the schoolboy football competitions -- the daCosta and Manning Cup -- to fall in line with FIFA rules, and one of the decisions taken was that players would miss a game after receiving two yellow cards, instead of three cards that obtained up to last season.

There have been some constructive discussions, he said, which has led to the formation of zonal disciplinary committees in the schoolboy football competitions.

"Usually we would wait in a particular cycle for our meetings," he said, "but we have organised for different zones to have their own meetings so we can attend to issues as soon as possible."

Additionally, Dr Small said, there were still a number of issues "relating to the expectations of falling in line", one of which was the age groups of players as presently, FIFA's stipulations would see first-formers being grouped with second- and third-formers, and this "could lead to the exclusion of the first-formers, so we'll have to look seriously at how we structure events so as to accommodate the guideline set by FIFA".

One of the drawbacks, he said, would be that if the first-formers are excluded from participation, "it would be unfair for them and we want them to be included and don't want to dampen their spirits".

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...of-JFF_8089073
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Major move!

Love it!
    ...now to using the schools at the feeder institutions to academies and parallel development tracks.

Face facts they are our 'academies' and feeder institutions that are surviving without any appreciable input rom the JFF in the area of training of coaches and in other technical areas.

In a real sense the schools are, as with track and field, the bedrock of our national football product.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i forsee problems that go beyond teething issues. i hope that i am wrong.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

true but these problems must be confronted head on.

The JFF and ISSA need to be on page with some issues.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

My worry is will Captain Burrell support and extend Coach Tappa's contract until 2014 against the "foreign-mind" sponsors after he qualifies the Boyz for the 2011 Gold Cup.

Comment

issa's mandate is not only about football and i see issues arising having to do with "who has the final word"...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That may be so but the feeling i get from ISSA is that they are willing to listen and be guided and this is what I also heard from Horace Reid, maybe this was a jab at the previous ISSA boss Clement Ratcliff.

ISSA is fully aware they cant but heads or go against FIFA statutes and if and when the decisins are made they will fall in line
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

well, that is a healthy position to take.

Comment

they will be at the table and have some input. Further down the road egos could come between but at least they will be better able to plan camps and coordinate youth development.

Lennie Taylor made coaching certification available in St.Kitts through the Ministry of Education. Something we should consider as well.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    i forsee problems that go beyond teething issues. i hope that i am wrong.
                    Cho boss man?
                    ...share your specific concerns with us nuh?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                      ISSA is fully aware they cant but heads or go against FIFA statutes and if and when the decisins are made they will fall in line
                      If a laff, a dead!

Comment

Sport
                        St James duo released on school's request

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

THE Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) has released Allan Ottey and Ricardo Morris of St James High after they failed to report to a national training camp which commenced on Monday.

The players, from the Under-20 group, were invited by national head coach Theodore Whitmore, as the team continues preparation for the Costa Rica friendly international scheduled fo November 17 in Fort Lauderdale, USA.

OTTEY... failed to report to Reggae Boyz camp Monday

OTTEY... failed to report to Reggae Boyz camp Monday

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
                        1/1

It is understood that after the players failed to report to the camp, the JFF received a letter from St James High School requesting the players not be considered for the Digicel Caribbean Championship, which is slated for November 25 through December 6 in Martinique, due to both students falling behind with their academic work.

Specifically, the letter from the school stated that Ottey is currently required to complete School-Based Assessment (SBA) for subjects he expects to do in the CSEC Examinations next year.

The letter also stated that on several occasions both students missed regular lessons and will therefore need extra classes and individual attention if they are to be successful in their exams.

It was also stated that the attendance patterns for both may not qualify them to participate in the school's upcoming graduation.

Given the reasons advanced by the school for the withdrawal of the players from the national programme at this time, the JFF said it was expecting both players would be withdrawn from the daCosta Cup and other domestic schoolboy competitions to focus on their academics.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...equest_8114711
                        ...the JFF said it was expecting both players would be withdrawn from the daCosta and other domestic schoolboy competitions to focus on their academics

Aaaaah bwoy!

Aaaah bwoy!
                        ...the JFF seeking a fight where none should exist! =

Comment

As I Said.......

Comment

Working...
                          X