Young J'can player departs for Valencia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but there could still be penalties imposed

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      Karl, FIFA affiliated clubs must abide their rules for the movement of players. Decisions handed down by associations & FIFA can be appealed to the court of arbitration for sport, but I doubt a decision barring an U-18 transfer would be appealed all the way to the CAS! The kid would be 20 by the time the case makes it way to the highest court in world for sport....
      Have not a thing to disagree with...although how long it would take to wind its way through the courts, I have not a clue.

My question is only on whether or not what FIFA, the FAs and the Clubs are doing is in sync with applicable laws of the various countries and International Law. ...therefore would it have a change of being carried if challenged in 'the courts of the land'.

I do not think anyone has challenged FIFA on this.

I am thinking that the only thing that allows FIFA and the rest to get away with some of these 'dictates' is the bonding of persons and groups with 'like interests'.
      '
      ...each member joined and knowingly agreed to abide by 'our' rules and regulations that state "all members must walk on their hands" (Hey Siccko...the foregoing, "all members...hands" is not to taken literally as it is merely my quaint way of emphasizing/underscoring my point!) or face severe punishment.
      Last edited by Karl; October 29, 2010, 08:00 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Really?

19 Protection of minors
        1. International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the
        age of 18.
        2. The following three exceptions to this rule apply:
        a) The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is
        located for reasons not linked to football;
        b) The transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union
        (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and the player is aged between
        16 and 18.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What happened with Messi took place long before the Protection of Minors rule. Indeed, one could suggest it's things like that that gave rise to the rule!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

them can't do nothing because the kids are considered British all they have to do is apply for the kids british passport as their mom is a Brit. Them can't prosecute British citizens for signing with a British club.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bill if you kid is born from a British parent in America or most other country they are British citizen. All you have to do is apply for a British passport.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Of course they can play in England and live there.....there mother is from Bristol AND they were born there to. My oldest was born in Portsmouth and my younger one in Chichester. They are British citizens not American. They have US and British passports.

Comment

I don't even have to do that...they were born in England, Portsmouth and Chichester. They can play anywhere in Europe for that matter.

Comment

In England...no problem. But, unless I am interpreting these rules incorrectly, they still couldn't move so-suh-suh to another EU country. Yes?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not until they are over 16. Yuh nuh read di ting, Bill?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I doubt as if you have British Passport the parents can pretty much live anywhere, just like the gypsy. I don't see how they can prosecute them. I know I have realitve who move to Ireland and they can go to school or work the next day, they need no special document.

I think while it sounds good it was made mostly for NON-EU and the eastern europeans.

Comment

who do you think will be punished if the rule is violated? it's not the parents!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

How many Europeans they have punished so far? What if your parents a gypsy .

Anytime they punish a British, Italian, Spanish, German player then talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              What happened with Messi took place long before the Protection of Minors rule. Indeed, one could suggest it's things like that that gave rise to the rule!
                              You may be right!
                              ...wonder if FIFA used specific cases as examples where exploitation was unfair?
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you on to someting else that i am not even interested in.

gypsies don't play football!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X