No announcement yet.

Young J'can player departs for Valencia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents are not supposed to move just to be with their children. If the parent was offered a legit job in the country where his/her son was supposed to go, then fine, but clubs are not supposed to find jobs for the parents. If they do that would be moving for reasons linked to football. don't need Gamma fi dis, wid all due respect!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If a club's academy is affiliated with FIFA, then they shall follow the organization's rules to remain in good standing.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dem a goalie ?.. dat ah hand ball..

Comment

No...remember..my wife is British..so she will be taking a job in London. So these rules are for parents where neither parent has an EU Passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Parents are not supposed to move just to be with their children. If the parent was offered a legit job in the country where his/her son was supposed to go, then fine, but clubs are not supposed to find jobs for the parents. If they do that would be moving for reasons linked to football. don't need Gamma fi dis, wid all due respect!
            Join Siccko in the corner!
            Reading is sooooo difficult foir you guys!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

remember these issues are dealt with by CAS...major fifa stipulation.

i don't even thin FIFA would fume. if the parents somehow have european ties and are eligible for an EU passport then that becomes irrelevant. i do not know if this was the case with messi but for sure many an argentinian seem to be eligible for eu passports.

complaint could come from a rival club or if the deal goes sour from the parents' perspective ... it may even be anonymous.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                remember these issues are dealt with by CAS...major fifa stipulation.

i don't even thin FIFA would fume. if the parents somehow have european ties and are eligible for an EU passport then that becomes irrelevant. i do not know if this was the case with messi but for sure many an argentinian seem to be eligible for eu passports.

complaint could come from a rival club or if the deal goes sour from the parents' perspective ... it may even be anonymous.
                Mmmm?
                Thanks!

...this triggered the 'sayings' going the rounds that FIFA plans to 'forget' Players' Agents' and allow a 'free-for-all'.

Then there is our experience with rogue agents operating outside of FIFA that we have run into ...yuh nuh attempts to pass themselves off as legitimate FIFA Players' Agents...gather info on promising players...contact clubs...something happens...an 'outside of FIFA pay-off takes place... It appears to me these persons operate with impunity. FIFA cannot touch them as they are not governed by FIFA statutes and regulations and the clubs and agents (Yup! Agents!) that support these guys are certainly not running to FIFA saying...Hey I am working with this so-and-so!

...then there is my long held belief that FIFA, national and regional FAs...clubs...operate on some level what I consider outside of 'the law' ...
                I am convinced that in some areas FIFA, national FAs...clubs rules and regulations conflict with both International Laws and local laws.

In these cases of young players and their parents/guardians...on one side and the clubs on the other are merely exercising options guaranteed by the internaional law and local laws - I am thinking, these persons and entities are entitled to make decisions of this nature...decsions that...certainly the parnets and guardians consider in the child's best interests.

It all came together!
                ...and I still thinking FIFA and the FAs have not a legal leg to stand on as it relates to these types family decisions and right to free trade. I just wanted to know what where your thoughts on this.

...again, thanks!
                Last edited by Karl; October 29, 2010, 10:49 AM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

rouge agents? do you mean agents who are clowns or who just wear too much make-up?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

rouge agents? do you mean agents who are clowns or who just wear too much make-up?
                    sorry!
                    ..rogue ..I shall make the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Parents are not supposed to move just to be with their children. If the parent was offered a legit job in the country where his/her son was supposed to go, then fine, but clubs are not supposed to find jobs for the parents.
                      That is exactly what Barcelona did for Messi:

"Messi's move to Barcelona was not easy. Though he impressed Barca in practise matches, the Catalan club didn't want to risk losing millions on a 13- year-old who could turn out to be a flop. They would have to accommodate his family in Spain, find a job for his father-manager Jorge in the club and also pay for expensive growth-treatment for the player. But the club finally made a wise decision to sign Messi."
                      http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/goodlif...ed-ball-genius

and...
                      "Barcelona paid all of Messi’s medical expenses, housed his family and gave his father a job at the club."
                      http://consolationgoal.wordpress.com...without-messi/

and...
                      "Barcelona began paying Messi’s metal-worker father a salary of $50,000 for a job in the youth team, a way to fund his services, El Pais newspaper reported."
                      http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-update1-.html

Of course, that was more than a decade ago, before FIFA started cracking down on the international transfer of minors.
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

there were also MEDICAL considerations it seems. one would have to say that the best interest of the child from a medical perspective could be seen as the overarching concern anyway.

probably could work today....he cannot play football if his medical condition is not addressed, perhaps?

Comment

if the parents somehow have european ties and are eligible for an EU passport then that becomes irrelevant. i do not know if this was the case with messi but for sure many an argentinian seem to be eligible for eu passports.
                          Messi only got an EU passport a few years ago; a Spanish one through residency in the country.

Good news for Barcelona as Messi gets his Spanish passport

His ancestry is Italian but it is too distant for him to receive an Italian passport.

there were also MEDICAL considerations it seems. one would have to say that the best interest of the child from a medical perspective could be seen as the overarching concern anyway.

probably could work today....he cannot play football if his medical condition is not addressed, perhaps?
                          Good point, I hadn't thought of that. If it were done today his family could probably have a strong case by presenting his medical needs.
                          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                          - Xavi

Comment

One other thing...apart from my wife being an English citizen, both of my sons were also born in England. So this rule would not apply to us as my sons could go back with or with out me. But when we do go back, yes, I will most likely have a job coaching with the youth and/or scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                              That is exactly what Barcelona did for Messi:

"Messi's move to Barcelona was not easy. Though he impressed Barca in practise matches, the Catalan club didn't want to risk losing millions on a 13- year-old who could turn out to be a flop. They would have to accommodate his family in Spain, find a job for his father-manager Jorge in the club and also pay for expensive growth-treatment for the player. But the club finally made a wise decision to sign Messi."
                              http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/goodlif...ed-ball-genius

and...

"Barcelona paid all of Messi’s medical expenses, housed his family and gave his father a job at the club."

http://consolationgoal.wordpress.com...without-messi/

and...
                              "Barcelona began paying Messi’s metal-worker father a salary of $50,000 for a job in the youth team, a way to fund his services, El Pais newspaper reported."
                              http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-update1-.html

Of course, that was more than a decade ago, before FIFA started cracking down on the international transfer of minors.
                              mmm?
                              May suggest where there is a will, there is a way!

Comment

Karl, FIFA affiliated clubs must abide their rules for the movement of players. Decisions handed down by associations & FIFA can be appealed to the court of arbitration for sport, but I doubt a decision barring an U-18 transfer would be appealed all the way to the CAS! The kid would be 20 by the time the case makes it way to the highest court in world for sport....
                                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X