the tale of two reggaeboyzs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the tale of two reggaeboyzs

A few year ago we discussed 2 reggae boyz who came to the states and went back before the college season started. They were both on some form of scholarships. It so happen that these players were Lovell Palmer and Desmond Breakingridge. Lovell went back to HV and Desmond Went back to Waterhouse.

Both made the reggaeboyzs team and Palmer landed a contract in the states with Houston. Desmond after years of playing with Waterhouse is now at Essex Community College in NY. Football is a funny game and the choices we make will either make or break us. I find it interesting and thought I would share it with the board.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    A few year ago we discussed 2 reggae boyz who came to the states and went back before the college season started. They were both on some form of scholarships. It so happen that these players were Lovell Palmer and Desmond Breakingridge. Lovell went back to HV and Desmond Went back to Waterhouse.

Both made the reggaeboyzs team and Palmer landed a contract in the states with Houston. Desmond after years of playing with Waterhouse is now at Essex Community College in NY. Football is a funny game and the choices we make will either make or break us. I find it interesting and thought I would share it with the board.
    Is Desmond good enough to make a breakthrough?
    The Red Bulls have a good scouting arm.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

At 28 and playing at Comm Coll seems a bit late to me.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

At 28 and playing at Comm Coll seems a bit late to me.

Retardation!
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

"Essex Community College ..." in NY or NJ? I know of one in NJ. Yuh talk too late, the college I work played Essex since season, I certainly would have gone to see him in action.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Essex is in NY. Yeah they play your college. You maybe in the same conference.

Comment

He is a 29 year old freshman at Essex & he will be 30 on January 30, 2011. There is an age limit for NCAA Division I basketball, looks like none fi college ball.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yes there is aga limit for Division college soccer but community college you can be any age and play. After Comm College the only choice he has is NAIA if he wants a scholarship.

Comment

Working...
                X