Roy Hodgson hails best Liverpool performance of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Hodgson hails best Liverpool performance of the season

Roy Hodgson hails best Liverpool performance of the season (after crushing derby defeat in front of new owners)

By JOHN EDWARDS
    Last updated at 9:15 AM on 18th October 2010
    Defensive: Reds boss Hodgson

Roy Hodgson left himself open to ridicule by describing Liverpool's dispiriting 2-0 derby defeat to Everton at Goodison Park as 'our best performance of the season'.

The former Fulham boss delivered his bizarre claim after making the worst start to a Liverpool managerial career - one win and three draws from eight games - since George Patterson in 1928.
    Liverpool's new American owners John W Henry and Tom Werner watched from the stands after originally saying they would wait for a home match.

But only goal difference keeps them above bottom club West Ham in the Barclays Premier League.

Hodgson insisted: 'That was as good as we have played all season, and I have no qualms with the performance whatsoever. I only hope fair-minded people will see it the same way.

'It's just unfortunate that such a good game of football, a real credit to the Premier League, will revolve round the fact that Liverpool did not win.

'It was a sterling effort by the players, especially after Everton's second goal went in. Pressure builds up, of course, but we will cope with that.'

Second best: Arteta scores Everton's second in the derby

Liverpool have endured their worst start to a season since 1953-54, when they were relegated, and they remain rooted at the lower reaches of the table.
    Hodgson, asked if the top four was out of reach, added: 'There are 30 games to go, 90 points to play for, so we'd have to start doing something special I suppose.
    TODAY'S POLL
    Are Liverpool's new owners right to stick with Roy Hodgson?
    No
    Yes
    VOTE

All polls

'But I don't know I would write that off necessarily.
    'What it would take is a really good run on the spin but I thought there were signs in the game today that the quality of football was there.
    'Who knows, we could get those four or five wins on the spin - that is what it is going to take.'
    Liverpool have now not won in six matches in all competitions and Hodgson admitted, with only one league victory this season, the pressure was mounting.
    'We have taken six points from eight games and every game we don't win the pressure builds even more and that will affect people's confidence in the long run,' he said.
    'The pressure mounts but I'm not trying to use that as an excuse.'

A right spectacle: Everton chairman Bill Kenwright talks to new Liverpool supremo John W Henry (left)

Liverpool were watched by new owner Henry, whose New England Sports Ventures completed a £300million buy-out this week.
    Unfortunately the players could not match the performance of their legal team, who successfully prevented former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett blocking the sale.
    Mersey-pride: Gerrard (left) and Carragher rue derby defeat

'The dream was we would come here on the back of new owners and win the game but there is no point in attempting to analyse dreams,' Hodgson said.
    'This would have been the ideal opportunity to turn things around on the back of the positive entry of the new owners and to get a result here would have been Utopia.'
    Everton manager David Moyes was delighted just to end a run of three successive league derby defeats.
    'The smile's not come off my face. It's been a long time. I'm really disappointed I've not been able to win more derbies,' he said.
    'We play against a really good football club but it's not been because of a lack of effort.
    'In the past we've probably lacked the quality to match Liverpool. I don't think we do now.
    'We've got players of real quality who could play for the big clubs.
    'Whoever scored the first goal was going to be really important and I think we always looked more likely in the first 20-25 minutes.
    'I was delighted to get in front because both teams have not been scoring that freely.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz12ibnvL6o
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

More delusional than Hicks , No fight, no ideas, no class, no dignity

Well Red magazine's Gareth Roberts reflects on the miserable display and more disappointing post match comments from Roy Hodgson.
    Written by Gareth Roberts on October 18th, 2010 View Comments

Roy Hodgson deserved everything he got at Goodison Park
    Everton 2-0 Liverpool
    HAVE Liverpool ever surrendered the Merseyside derby in such a gutless manner?

Is Hodgson’s time up already?
    There have been heavier defeats of course – Everton’s last derby win before today for starters. Then, in 2006, Liverpool lost 3-0 at Goodison Park.
    But that day, unlike this, Liverpool put up a fight. There were chances, penalty appeals, near misses and strikes against the woodwork.
    Today, that fight was gone. Evertonshowed more passion, more skill, and more effort. David Moyes got his tactics right, Roy Hodgson got his wrong. Again.
    Patience is wearing thin with Hodgson – many did not welcome his appointment in the first place – and his bizarre post-match press conference theatrics did nothing to dispel the view that he is hopelessly out of his depth at Liverpool.
    From the first whistle it was hard to see what his plan was. Liverpool sat deep, inviting pressure and Everton found it all too easy to put balls into the box.
    When Liverpool did have possession the attacking threat was easily snuffed out. Fernando Torres was too often isolated and despite Hodgson’s insistence that he had plenty of support and plenty of chances, he didn’t. The service to the Spaniard was poor and he was clearly left frustrated.
    A spat with Jamie Carragher, which ended with Torres gesturing for him to keep his opinions to himself, hinted at deeper problems within the Liverpool dressing room.
    It’s no wonder the 26-year-old is rumoured to be disenchanted with life at Anfield. The striker is again shouldering the blame for a poor attacking display when Liverpool’s midfielders are offering little to back him up.
    On the rare occasions Liverpool did break in the first half, they seemed too wrapped up in defensive duties to dare to push forward.
    Here lies Hodgson’s problem. He is, and always has been, a negative, defensive manager. He has only one way of playing and it’s failing. The former Fulham manager has had 15 games in the Anfield hotseat and still there are no signs of his approach reaping dividends.
    In fact, it is difficult to pinpoint anything Hodgson has improved.
    Liverpool didn’t play at Goodison until it was too late. A head of steam, sustained pressure – there was no sign of either until Mikel Arteta made it 2-0 with a well-taken strike in the 50th minute.
    Even when Liverpool did venture forward with some regularity it was hard to gauge how much was down to Hodgson. Everton were happy to sit on their lead and try to nick a third on the break.
    As Moyes said: “I was happy to concede possession to Liverpool after the second goal because like us they haven’t been scoring goals.”
    Even more damning was Moyes’s assertion that Everton had played better in every league game this season apart from their 1-0 home defeat to Newcastle.
    “We’ve played better and lost,” he added.
    It was hard to disagree with Moyes’s assessment – Everton did not have to pull a performance out of the top drawer to claim the three points.
    Hodgson on the other hand appeared to have seen something different to the 39,673 at the match and the millions watching on TV.

Spiky
    During a spiky press conference in which he regularly berated journalists for their questions and even, amazingly, chastised one reporter over his nationality, Hodgson said: “The result was very, very bad but I am refusing to accept it was a bad team performance.
    “I didn’t see a lack of confidence. The second half was as good as I have seen Liverpool play under my management. It was a sterling effort from the players to produce that second-half performance.”
    Just when you thought Tom Hicks was the most deluded man to be associated with Liverpool Football Club…
    Hodgson’s supporters, who must surely be diminishing by the day, keep talking about time. He needs time to stamp his mark on the club, time to turn it around. How much time? Liverpool have already played almost a quarter of their league fixtures.
    The quality of the squad is also questioned, rightly so. Yet this is essentially the same group of players that finished seventh in the Premier League last season. Eight of the team that thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 at Anfield remains on the books and 15 of the squad travelled to South Africa for the World Cup.
    This is a team that should be achieving much more than it is.
    No-one is calling for a title challenge but the talent at Hodgson’s disposal is more than capable of matching last season’s finish.
    Yet Liverpool lie second bottom, avoiding the basement only because goal difference, minus six, is marginally better than West Ham’s, minus nine.
    For that the finger has to be pointed firmly at the manager. It the current manager that has selected Carragher at right back, has bought Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen, has frozen out Daniel Agger and has too often played players out of position. It is the current manager who failed to address the paucity of options up front.
    Can Hodgson motivate the players? Do they want to play for him? It appears not. Even Pepe Reina, a player who penned a six-year contract at Anfield under Benitez and has frequently spoke of his love of the club and the city, is considering his future.
    It’s hard to see what Hodgson offers. At the very least he was said to be a ‘nice man’ one that offered ‘class and dignity’. There was little of that on display today.
    When asked on Friday about his future, Hodgson said: “I find speculation about my future insulting to both me and the club.”
    Fans may say the same about his attempts to dress up poor performances, dampen expectations against average sides and suggest safety-first tactics are anything other than that.

New England Sport Ventures is credited for carrying the Boston Red Sox to a World Series within three years of their takeover at Fenway Park.
    That was achieved after sacking the manager they inherited within weeks of their arrival.
    After John W Henry’s telling grimace at Goodison this afternoon, don’t bet against history repeating itself at Anfield.
    Gareth is the editor of LFC fans magazine, Well Red

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Relegation time. LOL

Comment

ha ha ha!! ahm... sorry, what was the joke? - an if yuh seh "Liverpool" a gwoin set mi dawg pon yuh!

(might as well laugh as cry fi true)
        Peter R

Comment

I wonder if Torres wanna try regain his form at Manchester United?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I wonder if Liverpool would ever take the Envertonian playing in Manu colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              I wonder if Liverpool would ever take the Envertonian playing in Manu colours.
              Well he is an Evertonian and a Manutd player. Would they seriously want him there? X, Peter .... unuh can put Me's curiosity to rest?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Normally mi would say not a chance, but when them look round and see that is them West Ham and Wolves relaxing in the relegation zone, temptation might take over. Desperation is a hell of a thing. LOL

Comment

"Envertonian"?...anyway, de two ah unuh like Joncro to rahtid... mek wi (mi) see whe de new owner have up him sleeve... who on the Red Sox him can transfer? baseball season nuh over fi dem?
                  Peter R

Comment

from the root word "ENVY" ... it means bad mind!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What do you miss the most?

Please login to remove this advert
                      I miss:

Nonsensical press conferences.
                      Marvelling at Xabi's glorious ginger beard.
                      Punctual 65 minute substitutions.
                      Wondering if this will be the week that Aquilani will finally be fully fit.
                      Monster's reckless lunges & general charging up & down the pitch like a loony with a rocket up his arse.
                      Having a manager that gets right up Fergie's nose.
                      Picking my jaw up off the floor after Nando crashes in another scorcher.
                      Wishing that Lucas wasn't in the starting line up (as opposed to now when i'm wishing he was in it).
                      Wondering how many we will score instead of how many they will score.

Most of all i just miss enjoying watching us play!
                      04-10-10 06:15 PM #2
                      ubermick
                      TIA (m)Administrator

Re: What do you miss the most?
                      All of the above (although we still have nonsensical press conferences, just in a very different and rather sad way).

Although I've missed watching the lads enjoying their football for a while now. That didn't just magically happen a month ago.
                      04-10-10 06:18 PM #3
                      denos666
                      TIA First Team

i've been missing quality football since 1998.
                      04-10-10 06:19 PM #4
                      This Is THE Year!
                      TIA Reserve Team

Originally Posted by ubermick
                      I've missed watching the lads enjoying their football for a while now. That didn't just magically happen a month ago.
                      Very true, i miss that too!

Oh & winning silverware, i kinda miss that too!
                      04-10-10 06:20 PM #5
                      Belfast Red 2
                      TIA Reserve Team

Winning FFS
                      04-10-10 06:21 PM #6
                      melbred
                      TIA Squad Member

I miss Arbeloa's celebrations, jumping on top of everyone!

Oh.. and he was pretty good at right back too..
                      04-10-10 06:24 PM #7
                      redneck
                      TIA New Signing

I miss the feeling of we are going to stuff you at anfield today. Now its just nerves on matchday
                      04-10-10 06:25 PM #8
                      This Is THE Year!
                      TIA Reserve Team

Originally Posted by Belfast Red 2
                      Winning FFS
                      Ha ha, i knew there was something important i had forgotten!
                      04-10-10 06:32 PM #9
                      Walk On!
                      TIA Youth Team

i miss the dry sense of humour. The 'i truly dont give a **** what the media say' attitude. I feel that Roy should be given a chance but i do wish hed stop trying to be popular. His handling of the media is a direct opposite to Rafa's, which i admired. Most of all though i miss the supporters. The results of course, but until last season this club felt united, today, I find it hard to relate to sections of the fans. People have got so militant in their beliefs that they forget that we are all in this together.
                      04-10-10 06:33 PM #10
                      DaggerToMyHeart
                      TIA Legend

I miss the real lion tamer in arbeloa (see messi and carra).
                      I miss winning games.
                      I miss the annoying draws were we batter teams and they actually park the bus.
                      I miss the failed attempts to second guess our manager.
                      I miss the club having a bastion who was willing to stand up to the critisism and monopoly of a sect.
                      I miss the great european nights.
                      I miss being aggrivated for the right reasons.
                      I miss our club being the ranked number one team in world football.
                      I miss discussing the what ifs of harry kewells fitness.
                      I miss little luis's pieces of pure genius.
                      I miss the pure wit of a manager who understood what this club was about, rather than saying it.
                      Most of all I miss the feel good factor surounding our club.
                      04-10-10 06:37 PM #11
                      ptt
                      TIA Squad Member

I am married, what do you think I miss?
                      04-10-10 06:51 PM #12
                      Mascot88
                      TIA Squad Member

Originally Posted by This Is THE Year!
                      Having a manager that gets right up Fergie's nose.
                      This is what I miss. Rafa had Fergies ****************ing number and whiskey nose knew it.
                      04-10-10 06:53 PM #13
                      Bonnar-Of-The-Kop
                      TIA's Holding Midfielder

I miss getting better year on year, rather than getting worse.
                      I miss having the best midfield in the world.
                      I miss Xabi Alonso tackling a player, turning and smashing a ball 40 yards straight to one of our players.
                      I miss Masch's passion and drive.
                      I miss Gerrard playing with a smile on his face.
                      I miss Torres being the most feared striker in the world, and being fit to play almost every game.
                      I miss not conceding in 11 games.
                      I miss having confidence in our players.
                      But most of all, I miss getting excited about matchdays.

Sad, sad times fellow Reds.
                      04-10-10 06:54 PM #14
                      Redbelly
                      TIA New Signing

Last minute heroics
                      04-10-10 06:58 PM #15
                      Arminius2
                      TIA Reserve Team

Skiving off to work from home for the afternoon (in North America) Champions League games, and hearing that buzz Anfield has on a great European night - that Real Madrid game was epic for that.
                      04-10-10 06:59 PM #16
                      Hypnotoad
                      TIA Youth Team

Xabi Alonso. Midfield has yet to recover!
                      04-10-10 07:06 PM #17
                      This Is THE Year!
                      TIA Reserve Team

Originally Posted by ptt
                      I am married, what do you think I miss?
                      Ha ha, quality!!!
                      04-10-10 07:09 PM #18
                      This Is THE Year!
                      TIA Reserve Team

Originally Posted by DaggerToMyHeart
                      I miss the annoying draws were we batter teams and they actually park the bus.
                      Its a sad thought indeed to realise that nobody is scared of us enough to park the bus anymore!
                      04-10-10 07:24 PM #19
                      lfc.eddie
                      Resident Pessimist

I miss being the most pessimistic person in here till people like 5euros and the lot told me to chill out. And missing them great threads started in here.
                      04-10-10 07:26 PM #20
                      YaNi
                      TIA New Signing

Originally Posted by Bonnar-Of-The-Kop
                      Speaks volumes.
                      Mash - Alonso - Gerrard.
                      Seeing Poulsen - Lucas - Gerrard makes me want to slit my wrists.
                      04-10-10 07:28 PM #21
                      mactifosi
                      TIA Youth Team

I miss the fans being united, being a family.

I miss the days of when Everton were local rivals and not sworn enemies with the bitterness and hatred Moyes has nurtured.

I miss talking about the football with rose tinted glasses.

I want to step inside Anfield again, dont care what division we are in to be honest, or who is on the pitch as long as they want to play for us.

I just want the club I love so ****************ing much back.
                      04-10-10 07:28 PM #22
                      AcademyStalker
                      Banned

I miss Rafa Benitez being our manager...
                      04-10-10 07:29 PM #23
                      Nickl245
                      Viva La HenRyvolution

Originally Posted by denos666
                      i've been missing quality football since 1998.
                      This!
                      I wouldn't care about the results as much if we played like Arsenal, even the likes of Wigan and West Brom play more attractively than we do.

Chelsea and Man Utd haven't won their titles lately by defending (ok maybe Inter did).

It wouldn't hurt so much if we would actually play some football instead of setting up to nick a goal on the counter and defending deep all the time.
                      04-10-10 07:36 PM #24
                      Le_hunt
                      let's sign Scott Parker !

I already miss a season in with we were kicked out of CL in group stages and eventually not qualified for this stage again, in which we lost as many times in the first three games than the whole season before, I miss the fact that our new signing did not play, but played in his natural position when it was the fact. I miss last season misery, because it was heaven compared to what we're experiencing right now. If I knew back then, I wouldn't have moaned for a second.

I even miss the feeling of drawing a game, because even that looks like a "standard" out of our reach right now.
                      04-10-10 07:45 PM #25
                      nzred
                      TIA Regular

I just miss Liverpool FC.

Comment

Sort by Subscribe by email Subscribe by RSS

Mark 22 hours ago
                        There are only 2 people to blame for this...Purslow for sacking our best ever manager since Dalgleish and the idiots who claim to be supporters of LFC who called for his head...

We may have only finished 7th in Rafa's last season but given the amount of money the american conmen put into the actual playing squad that year and the previous two the best we should have been expecting was 5th! The previous season he actually overachieved by a large margin...but no - for our moronic supporters that wasnt good enough - for ****************wits like Jamie Kanwar (a moron so ****************ing stupid he actually knows less about football than those american conmen) a PL title was actually expected even though we only had enough money to buy a squad to finish at best 5th!

These traitorous cunts have helped to destroy LFC just as much as those american conmen!

Well run organisations realise when they have made a mistake and move quickly to correct it! Sacking Rafa was a monumental mistake. Replacing him with the imbecilic moronic senilic loser Hodgson was an even bigger mistake. Corrective action is needed. NOW - before he ****************s this club up any more with his total incompetence. Just imagine if he gets hold of the new promised transfer money - all of it will be wasted on chumps like Konchesky and Poulson!

This club needs a modern forward thinking world class manager (not some ****************ing englishman just because hes a ****************ing englishman).

And Purslow has to go as well...he must be held accountable for his massive failures...he may have done his bit to remove the cancer but like chemotherapy hes no longer needed or wanted...he let this club down massively in sacking Rafa - he let it down even further in appointing Hodgson...he must also pay for his crimes!
                        49 people liked this. Like Reply

marctick 12 hours ago in reply to Mark
                        Your remarks are outrageous, Mark. Your language is foul and your assertions are largely risible.

Rafa's time had most certainly come. He progressively filled our club with awful players and got rid of a great number of players he should have kept and complimented.

The issue is not whether Benitez should have been sacked because he should, but rather, why on earth did the board bring Hodgson in as his replacement! Tosh like Poulson and Konchesky have been added to the rubbish that Benitez saddled us with; there is no guile, no invention from players like Rodriguez, Lucas, Javanovic, Ngog.

Hodgson needs to study the squad more closely. Aurellio and Babel are left-footed. So why does Hodgson insist on playing Cole out there? Why was Kygiakos playing instead of Agger? Why did Roy play two holding midfielders, and our best playmaker, Gerrard, was far up front in the first half that he could not influence the game. How on earth do Lucas and Rodriguez get a game - they are obviously out of their depth in the Premiership.

This display was truly dismal. One of the worst I have ever seen from our boys. But thinking Benitez is our saviour is incredibly naive. Rafa put together a team largely unworthy of wearing our colours; he caused the board to look elsewhere for a managerial solution. It's just a terrible shame that the board saw Hodgson as the solution because he plainly is not.

Guus Hiddink is my choice. We should pay top dollar to get him, and the sooner the better.
                        11 people liked this. Like Reply

TRai 1 hour ago in reply to marctick
                        Marctick, has you watched Liverpool before?

First, Babel is righty. He plays on the left side because his dribbling, cut-inside skill and speed.

Second, with the good system, Maxi is pretty good player who can play ball on the ground shown in WC or last season. Lucas is a decent player who plays better your Owen Har-grief and much smaller fee. (Well..OH never plays, sorry) If we had money like Manure, I still doubt Rafa would buy him or Carrick.

Third, Rafa left the team with a lot of full internationals and they actually played in WC. This team almost won the title from your Manure. Remember how the Manure got a lucky penalty against Spurs.

Fourth, Sorry that Rooney wants to leave but you guys will be okay. The ref is always on your side.
                        1 person liked this. Like Reply

RED FOR LIFE 18 hours ago in reply to Mark
                        Mark stop taking garbage. You cannot blame Purslow for the departure of Rafa.It will have been a board decision based on results and performances. Yes Rafa was a good manager but hit time had come to an end the team started going backwards,To many of them were disheartened wit his negative tactics.I have said this before we bought Quantity rather than Quality too many times under Rafa and that just diluted the team even further.This was on the cards when he tried to sell Alonso and buy Barry.

So Where are we currently second bottom in a relegation fight. I never call for a mangers head but yesterdays performance was a cardinal sin on all red fans,No PASSION,No PRIDE,bereft of ideas,OUTFOUGHT.This game should have been our turning point. as soccer saturday puts it TAXI FOR HODGSON. Im sorry but I just dont think he has what is required to get us out of the mire.He may as well played Kelly, Wilson, Spearing ,Pacheco, yesterday s they would have given more fight than the rest of the team
                        7 people liked this. Like Reply

SG NTP 16 hours ago in reply to RED FOR LIFE
                        Rafas negative tactics? That had us ranked no. 1 in Europe and thrashiong the MAncs and the rest of the big names round Europe... I'm sure at least 2 seasons we were the highest scoring team in the league with a Tottress on fire scoring 33.... not that negative. So Mystic MEg the players were disheartened were they? How about now, are they heartened now Rafa has gone?

You know why Rafa had to buy who he had to buy and how hard he tried to work to bring us better players so get real. He left the squad with quality players which is why you can so comfortably call for Hodgesons head as you know its not right.
                        13 people liked this. Like Reply

RED FOR LIFE 5 hours ago in reply to SG NTP
                        Hold on I think your missing the point here. There is a time in every managers tenure where the team are at their peak. GH had the same then the team fell away.Rafa was the same instead of a minor fine tune, he went for to many changes in a short space of time the biggest of all was selling Alonso and not having an able replacement lined up.

Yes your right it is easy to call for RH's head or TAXI FOR HODGSON as I put it,but this team went down with a wimper and it's one of the worst performances I have witnessed. Our manager stated after the match that this was our best performance, I must have been watching a different game. lets face it the only reason we had loads of possession is that they dropped off and allowed us to have the ball and we still could not do anything with it. Let's be realistic we would not have scored in a free brothel
                        Like Reply

Mehdi_lvrpl 12 hours ago in reply to SG NTP
                        dude, rafa was good. but we needed better. we thought roy hodgson would be "better". he isn't. he is bitterly, dissapointingly and shockingly worse. we chose the manager, its our fault. after all most of the fans wanted rafa gone at the end of last season. yes, rafa did bring excellent players throughout his reign, but money was wasted on several occasion, the most audacious waste was that of aquilani. with 17 million, he cud have landed a quality striker from france or netherland (since he had always intended to play Lucas). LFC is better than 7th (at that time 7th was unacceptable). so we needed someone to take us to 4th. we didnt intend to bring someone who would keep us in top half of table (which would be a dream come true if it would happen this season). My point is, firing Rafa was not a mistake (it was a step taken to get better), hiring Roy was the doubtful decision (if we knew of his stingy attitude and dishonest nature, we probably would not have done it). the only thing to do now is wait for 2-3 more games, and I am sure Roy will be fired, either by the board, or the fans will take action, but something is bound to happen, as this LFC will not be able to win a single game like this.
                        Flag

Comment

pwhyze 14 hours ago in reply to RED FOR LIFE
                          You wanna talk about Rafa's transfer policy when there's an article here a few days ago regarding the real net spending on transfers under H&G? Ignorant much?
                          3 people liked this. Like Reply

RED FOR LIFE 5 hours ago in reply to pwhyze
                          Yes and I read that article very closely.So tell me how much of that money was wasted on below par players.

pwhyze 4 hours ago in reply to RED FOR LIFE
                          I'll show you players needed to be squad players whilst being replaced by better ones when money is available. It's obvious what Rafa tried to do. You can't go from Baros straight to Torres in one move. It's progression. Baros, then Bellamy, then Torres. It's the same all over the other position. That's what happen when money is tight .If you can't grasp a concept that simple, then I have nothing more to say to you. As for flops, every other manager have one in their locker, as so does Rafa. More often than not, Rafa has been pretty good in the market. The Torress, Reinas and the Aggers attest to this.
                          2 people liked this. Like Reply

ScouseBlueBoy 20 hours ago
                          Hi im a local blue,hope i'm welcome on here. I've not come on to **************** take or gloat though we were full value for the 3points today. From listening to alot of his comments its clear that Roy is completley out of his depth at a huge club like Liverpool. He is a nice man and a decent manager but has bitten off more than he can chew by taking the job across the park. Despite your position your squad should be at least in the top 6. Your team didn't really have a go until the last 20 mins when all was already lost.
                          33 people liked this. Like Reply

Mehdi_lvrpl 12 hours ago in reply to ScouseBlueBoy
                          Here's a sensible guy with a artistic opinion. Good man, ScouseBlueBoy! YNWA

Sam Wanjere 5 hours ago
                          There is NO iota of doubt for me that Roy should go, sooner rather than later.

My summation of our game yesterday, and which has been repeated elsewhere: no width, no structure or shape, no desire to win the ball, no passing whatsoever, no ideas in the final third, invisible offensive players, seeming cluelessness on roles to be played, losing opponents and allowing them too much time on the ball, conceding possession cheaply and just simply being mediocre.

What part of our game worked? Soto was at his industrious and passionate best, Reina kept trying, and there it ends. A little credit to the improvement deep in the second half, from Babel and Jova. I didn't see much of Ngog during his cameo, Maxi frustratingly disappeared yet again and Cole was barely there. Gerrard's body language was less than inspiring, with FT9 not far behind. The worst of the bodies, yet again, was Hodgson on the sideline!

Where did Roy's sudden happiness at game's end come from? What is it with Hodgson's substitution policy? Do we have to wait almost till game's end, with nothing changing in our horrible play, for us to bring in impact substitutions like Pacheco (who is yet to feature), Babel or Jovanovich?

Purslow sacked Rafa merely for refusing to tell the emperor of his nakedness. A true yes man was brought in, who has presided over clear Red regression, and introduced a previously unseen concept in Liverpool's play, timidity!

There is NO more time for improvement. The next two games will take our league games to ten played, leaving some 28 to go. Why keep waiting?

[On EFC's performance] Reina in truth was hardly tested and it's utterly depressing to see us lose to a side that was just slightly better. Everton didn't beat us any more than we did. They are an average side that was depleted.We hardly were missing players, Agger and GJ notwithstanding.

I'm utterly depressed at the limpness of our performance yesterday and I most definitely rue Rafa's departure. I was an unashamed fan of his. Roy is no replacement or caretaker. We need serious coaching.

PS: There is a vacancy, Roy, at Middlesborough following today's sacking of Gordon Strachan. Please leave.
                          6 people liked this. Like Reply

Paul 23 hours ago
                          For gods sake get rid of him NOW before any more harm is done. You only have to look at him during and after the match to know he is out of his depth. Get a new manager now, so he can start working with the players we have and get planning for January.
                          25 people liked this. Like Reply

Williamrylance 23 hours ago
                          93% of us want Roy out. We know what we're talking about! Get these fan stats to NESV and tell them to act NOW! We know what we're talking about! We know our team. Rijkaard is our man, or Daglish.

Msworgmn 1 day ago
                          Maybe we should have kept Rafa eh?

redlead 14 hours ago in reply to Msworgmn
                          7th place does'nt seem so bad now!!
                          3 people liked this. Like Reply

Mehdi_lvrpl 12 hours ago in reply to Msworgmn
                          no, we shouldn't have. if rafa was still coach, he would make some useless transfers this season, he might have maintained a first half table position, but he clearly couldnt take us back to fourth. Firing Rafa was a good decision, hiring Roy was the mistake, who knew a person could be so stingy and dishonest!

pwhyze 4 hours ago in reply to Mehdi_lvrpl
                          I'd take a 'first half table position' anyday over this hogwash.

Fred 13 hours ago in reply to Msworgmn
                          It's Rafa's fault we are in this mess, are people actually so Football-retarded they cannot see this?
                          Flag
                          Like Reply
                          Load more comments

Comment

Comment

Is Rafa decide that he wanted Barry and sell out Xabi Alonso LOL
                              Look like him never miss it.

You better make do with overrated Joe Cole. Dunny and Assassin seh him a big big baller. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X