CONCACAF...be very afraid!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONCACAF...be very afraid!!!!

This is the boy i referred to recently....

Jermaine Jones looks a solid bet for the U.S. if a five-man midfield is employed.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

wha bout him?

If Tappa do a decent job a nuff bwoy a go wonder a wha hit them this time around.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin, Jones is like a Claude Mickelele(sp?) type player.

Yes, I have seen him just 2 time on TV...but the boy works and works and works. His passes are crisp...

Look...Juss chussss mi.

HL

Comment

which team he plays for?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

A year after switching nationalities, German-born Jermaine Jones has finally joined the United States team at a training camp this week.
          His long-awaited debut could come Saturday, when the Americans play Poland in an international friendly at Soldier Field.

Jones blended well at training, chatting with Steve Cherundolo and Michael Bradley during a warmup jog and finding his new American teammates with smooth, effortless passes.

It was as if he's been part of the U.S. midfield for years.
          ''It's like changing clubs in Germany,'' Jones said after training Tuesday, with Cherundolo translating for him. ''The team has done a good job of welcoming me and integrating me into the squad. It's been easy to feel comfortable.''

Born in Frankfurt to an American father and German mother, Jones lived in the United States until he was 7 and would visit each year during his vacations. But the 28-year-old has spent most of his life in Germany, and played for Germany three times in friendlies. He was among coach Joachim Loew's final squad cuts for the 2008 European Championship.

A few years ago, those appearances, short as they may have been, would have been enough to prevent Jones from ever wearing a U.S. uniform. But FIFA changed its rules last year, and players with dual nationalities are now free to switch sides at any age - so long as they haven't appeared in an official game.

''I wanted to play for America earlier but I wasn't able to because of the rule,'' Jones said. ''As soon as they changed it, I was excited and wanted to get to camp. ... For personal reasons, I wanted to play for the United States.''

And the Americans were more than happy to have him.

HL

Comment

you sure Zeppo and them wan't him ?

Good luck to him. A little steel in the middle don't hurt nobody.

Comment

Yup only CONCACAF should be afraid (that's if they are ill prepared and not organized) I watched the US vs poland on FSC and what I saw was appalling. No Us player would take on a Polish player to create space (it's as if they are afraid to do so) they were contend to pass and pass until they lose the ball. I coulkd see the tactic: Pass until you get it to altidore then he could try to run (notice I said run and not dribble) by a defender, if loses it no problem they can't hurt us that deep (and there is the folly).

The modern game is about transition and the creation of space from the the defensive third. This is why top teams are move more skilfull/technical players to the back (moreso midfielders) hence has soon as the ball is won a quick beat of an opponent and a accurate pass could result in a goal.

Yes unorganized CONCACAF teams will be easy picking for Bradleys cir .. oops team. Running hard and suffocating them with passes will work because they ar not sophisticated in the counter game. What will happen when you qualify and say drop in a group with Germany? (Brasil is deliberately left out) or Italy? Oh I know; you should be happy that the Us even laeft that group.

Comment

King Jawge...coach Bradley was simply tinkering with his extremely deep pool of prospects.

He did the same with the Colombian game..........

HL

Comment

I beg to differ but I will let you have the last word, just because

Comment

Working...
                  X