X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan gets Burger King scholarship

Morgan gets Burger King scholarship

Published: Saturday | October 16, 2010 0 Comments and 0 Reactions

Robert Bailey, Gleaner Writer National midfielder Marvin Morgan was awarded a sports [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]scholarship[/COLOR][/COLOR] valued at $240,000 from fast-food chain Burger King on Thursday.
    The scholarship is renewable over the next three years.
    Morgan, who is currently a student at St George's [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]College[/COLOR][/COLOR], was among 18 recipients who collected their packages at an awards ceremony held at Burger King's office at North Odeon Avenue, Half-Way Tree, St Andrew.
    Richard Lake, vice-chairman of Restaurant Associates Limited, said Morgan was most deserving of the contribution. He presented the scholarship cheque to Morgan who was accompanied by his school's principal, Margaret Campbell.
    "We often don't recognise enough the contributions of our sports athletes for Jamaica and for the spirit of excellence," said Lake.
    "I think we want to recognise excellence wherever we see it, whether in the classroom or on the pitch," he said.
    Lake added that Morgan has shown himself to be not only a disciplined young man on the field, but also to members of his community.
    "He (Marvin) was recommended to us and he comes from an excellent [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]school[/COLOR][/COLOR]. We hope that the assistance can help him towards his long-term goals," Lake noted.
    very elated
    Morgan said he was very elated about the scholarship.
    "It is an overwhelming feeling," said an overjoyed Morgan after collecting his award.
    "I am thankful to God for giving me this scholarship today," the 18-year-old remarked.
    Morgan was handed his first start for the Reggae Boyz last Sunday at National Stadium against Caribbean rivals [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Trinidad[/COLOR][/COLOR] and Tobago. The Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore-coached Reggae Boyz won the friendly international 1-0.
    "I will never forget this award because I am going to make use of it and continue to work hard both on and off the field," said Morgan, who represents Boys' Town in the Digicel Premier League.
    "This is a big boost for my career because this can help to support me and my family," he concluded.

Share |
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

It is very good to see after so much cussing went the young man way after he made "maybe not a wise move" last year.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"This is a big boost for my career because this can help to support me and my family," he concluded. : o

I thought this scholarship was to aid in his education!
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

den education nuh gi yuh earnings

Comment

Working...
        X