Wondering About David Gordon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering About David Gordon....

1. Does David Gordon want to play for Jamaica?

2. Is David Gordon "Jamaican enough" to meet the JFF standards?

3. If the answers to Questions 1 and 2 are both yes, how long does it take FIFA to process the paperwork?

4. Are my constant updates worth it if Daniel Gordon does not want to play or cannot play for Jamaica?

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
    1. Does David Gordon want to play for Jamaica?

2. Is David Gordon "Jamaican enough" to meet the JFF standards?

3. If the answers to Questions 1 and 2 are both yes, how long does it take FIFA to process the paperwork?

4. Are my constant updates worth it if Daniel Gordon does not want to play or cannot play for Jamaica?
    Who the muck is David Gordon?

Comment

I think he means Daniel Gordon, a German defender of Jamaican father.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Daniel Gordon, my bad. He plays for Rotweiss Oberhausen in the German second division. He is a defensive midfielder, but at 6-4 tall, he is used as a target for corner kicks and free kicks served into the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          Daniel Gordon, my bad. He plays for Rotweiss Oberhausen in the German second division. He is a defensive midfielder, but at 6-4 tall, he is used as a target for corner kicks and free kicks served into the box.
          Cool, but can he read the game, pass, and tackle properly!

Comment

If he is better than those we have, meets the requirements for Jamaican citizenship, and wants to play for The Boyz then The Captain and Tappa should really take a look.

USA just capped their latest player born in Germany. Jermaine "Germanyjones" Jones recently played in the USa game vs Colombia and was pretty good. If Daniel Gordon is as good as "Germanyjones" I see no reason why we should ignore him if he makes an effort to be selected.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Hell Yes

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
              Cool, but can he read the game, pass, and tackle properly!
              ABSOULTELY! Gordon's downside is that he picks up yellow cards a bit too often. He has four cards after seven games with RWO, and he will be suspended for one match if he gets another.

He had a bad outing in a 3-0 loss against Duisburg. He was replaced in the 66th minute of the match, presumably because RWO wanted to put more offense in the lineup being down 2-0. Otherwise, he has played every minute of the other six matches. Gordon has one goal, he headed in a corner kick.

Before the Duisborg match, RWO had the second lowest number of goals conceded.

Comment

Heinrich Schmidtgal, Daniel's teammate at RWO, is a Kazakhstan international. He played in two or three of Kazakhstan's Euro 2012 qualifiers, including one against Germany. Schmitgal is a left side midfielder.

Comment

Bruce, why not use your contacts to touch base with the youth and see if he would be interested in a call from Jamaica. If he is then, Tappa is constantly looking on players. . .
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I don't know if my friend has accents.

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    Bruce, why not use your contacts to touch base with the youth and see if he would be interested in a call from Jamaica. If he is then, Tappa is constantly looking on players. . .
                    I don't know if my friend has access to the players, but I will ask him.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                      If he is better than those we have, meets the requirements for Jamaican citizenship, and wants to play for The Boyz then The Captain and Tappa should really take a look.

USA just capped their latest player born in Germany. Jermaine "Germanyjones" Jones recently played in the USa game vs Colombia and was pretty good. If Daniel Gordon is as good as "Germanyjones" I see no reason why we should ignore him if he makes an effort to be selected.
                      Farmah, by JA law, if one of his parents are Jamaican then he is automatically a Jamaican by birth no matter where he was born. All he would need is to apply for his passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                        If Daniel Gordon is as good as "Germanyjones" I see no reason why we should ignore him if he makes an effort to be selected.
                        He's not as good as Jones. But that shouldn't be a reason for Jamaica to leave him out of consideration.
                        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                        - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                        X