X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger: 'We had a great team performance and great energy'

Wenger: 'We had a great team performance and great energy'

Dear Arsenal Supporter,
    I think we demonstrated on Saturday that you can play well and lose the match.
    The Chelsea game should have been over within a minute - we had the first two chances and we missed that header from six yards. I think Koscielny was too much turned towards the corner instead of turning his body and facing the goal. He did not adjust to the ball.

I think we were a bit unfortunate as well because there was a foul on Song from Ramieres in the build-up to Chelsea's first goal. After that we made a mistake that should not happen at the near post and Drogba took advantage of it.

For much of the second half it was one-way traffic and in the last 10 to 15 minutes Chelsea were counter-attacking. But we missed too many chances at that level and in the final third you need to be more clinical offensively and defensively.

We had a great team performance and great energy. But we have to be more clinical to win titles - we can't lose a game like that.

We are a team that wants to have the ball and doesn't hide away from home. Any side who goes to Stamford Bridge and sits back gets punished. If you allow them to play in your half they have the quality with their strikers and take advantage of mistakes.

So I decided to play in their half and overall I think we did it very well. You want to be rewarded when you produce a game of that quality and when you go home with no points we have to analyse why and be more clinical. The basis is there, the collective team quality is there but we have to transform that into points.

I wasn't angry with my team. I felt sorry for them because they had an outstanding attitude and an outstanding display. You can only congratulate them for that attitude. I feel sorry for the fact that they have not been rewarded but we live in a realistic world and when you don't score and don't take your chances then you don't win big games.
    Jack Wilshere showed once again that he is a big-game player. He finished a bit tired because he gave everything but he's 18 years of age. You can only say 'Congratulations Jack' and keep going.

Abou Diaby also played well in midfield but he has a bad ankle and looks to be a doubt for the French national team.
    Thanks for your support.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Arsenal can beat Chelsea when they buy a player to mark Drogba out of the game. All that play do is mark Drogba. They have to have a fit Van Persie and Theo Walcott on the wing but these two players are always injured. Wenger have to cut his loss with one of these players and get somebody else who can stand up.

To be frank Arsenal can sell half of the midfield that they have right now as Diaby nah do nothing. Rosdisky(sp) a scrimage baller, the russian is overrated. Welshire is good. You have to have speed and pace down the wing and a forward who can score out of nothing to beat this current Chelsea not box, box the ball inna their final third.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

More like Jamaicans would say. "Wi ball dem but dem beat wi!!"

Goals win matches boss, not pretty ball.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

..BET you cant say this on December 26 th?

watch the ride..
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

I will say it again. Pretty ball does not win matches. It is going to go as it did last season, beaten at home and abroad by Chelsea. Tek that to the bank.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            I will say it again. Pretty ball does not win matches. It is going to go as it did last season, beaten at home and abroad by Chelsea. Tek that to the bank.

..put a HOLD FUNDS on dat deposit, lets see Dec 26th....when you have to eat ur words "at the bank"...

just watch the RELOAD.....
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
            X