X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Thompson Receives Contract Offer From Shamrock Rovers

Ryan Thompson Receives Contract Offer From Shamrock Rovers
    September 29, 2010

DUBLIN, Ireland – As reported by the official Twitter feed of The University of Tampa athletic department (utspartans), former men’s soccer player Ryan Thompson has been offered a two-year deal with the Shamrock Rovers of the Irish Professional Soccer League.

The deal, which is could to be finalized in December, would give the former UT goalkeeper a spot on Ireland’s most successful soccer club.

"This is a dream come true and a tremendous opportunity," says Thompson. "I have worked extremely hard to get to this point and have so many people to thank."

After a summer with the Portland Phoenix of the Premier Development League (PDL) in 2010, Thompson has earned a two-week trial with the Rovers, the top team in the League of Ireland’s Premier Division.

Thompson graduated from Tampa in 2010 with a degree in marketing and a 3.25 grade point average. He was twice named Sunshine State Conference Defender of the Year. In 57 games for the Spartans, Thompson compiled a career 39-13-3 record with 14 shutouts over four seasons.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Fantastic!

Good yute!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

One of yours?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

sadly, no. not yet!

good youth doh. seems to have the kind of personality that will carry him places - friendly, confident.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Congrats to Ryan. Didn't he play 1 or 2 years at H/View FC?
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

personality cant carry you no where..visa and plane tickets will
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

personality get yuh di visa an' plane ticket!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sound like kiss a55 to me..
                Che Guevara.

Comment

not really but if a suh yuh programme .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So what you say, Bounty Killer coulda get a job a Sandals or Super Club???
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                    X