Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King held after nightclub incident

<H1 class=article>King held after nightclub incident</H1>09.01.07

<SPAN></SPAN>Add your view<DIV class="dotClear bottomBorder"></DIV><DIV id=rhs> <P class=caption>Arrested: Marlon King on assault charge after New Year brawl</DIV>

Marlon King has been arrested after an alleged nightclub bust-up on New Year's Day, it has emerged.

The Watford striker, out for the season with a knee injury, was held in London's Leicester Square at 12.50am on January 1 after an alleged brawl at the Penthouse club.

King, 26, who went to prison for driving a stolen BMW, originally claimed he was homeless and refused to tell officers his identity, sources said.

It is understood Watford learned of the incident only when contacted by Sportsmail.

He was questioned on suspicion of assault and occasioning actual bodily harm. No details have been released of the alleged victim. King has been bailed to return to a police station in February.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "A man in his twenties has been arrested on suspicion of assault and ABH."

King injured a knee in the defeat by Arsenal in October after a superb start to the season. His absence has been cited as a key factor in Watford's struggles.

He was sentenced to 18 months — reduced to five on appeal — in 2002 for driving the stolen BMW.

In an interview with Sportsmail last year he said: "I got caught up in something and I didn't realise what was going on until it was too late.

"I let myself down and I let my family down. But I feel like it has tarnished my name.

"Footballers are presented as role models but they are also human beings and they make the same mistakes as everyone else."
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: King held after nightclub incident

<DIV>...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>...not saying a word.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (1/10/2007)<DIV>...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>...not saying a word.</DIV>
      You just did.

Marlon King is a true yard man. Bad man nuh tek baddup. Right? Just like how Claude draw him knife on the Nigerian Ade Akinbyi recently.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Reggae-Fan (1/10/2007)
        Mosiah (1/10/2007)<DIV>...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>...not saying a word.</DIV>
        You just did.

Marlon King is a true yard man. Bad man nuh tek baddup. Right? Just like how Claude draw him knife on the Nigerian Ade Akinbyi recently.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

<DIV>
          You just did.

</DIV>

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. If he cannot be trusted to act like a damn responsible human being and stop breaking the law then I wonder what he will do when we are in Azteca and the Mexicans are kicking us down left right and center? He is not worth the distraction. We cannot afford to risk our 2010 campaign on him.Sorry no more chances. We fi close dat book.- T.K.

Comment

Tell that to the people who were blaming the JFF and Boxhill when King came home drunk with two white women and disturbing an entire floor of an upscale hotel.

Tell you what why not blame Boxhill and the JFF management for this incident as well?????

Maybe they did not inform King that he cant steal a car and drive it away not can he go beating up people at night clubs either, just like how they had to tell him about a curfew...
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (1/10/2007)Tell that to the people who were blaming the JFF and Boxhill when King came home drunk with two white women and disturbing an entire floor of an upscale hotel.

Tell you what why not blame Boxhill and the JFF management for this incident as well?????

Maybe they did not inform King that he cant steal a car and drive it away not can he go beating up people at night clubs either, just like how they had to tell him about a curfew...
              Sickko what yu mean the people? I am the people breds. I do believe that the JFF mishandled that entire incident and is to blame for what took place as they set no curfew. To lock the guy out of his room for breaking a non-existent rule is assanine. So is stealing a car and getting into a fight in a night club. - T.K.

Comment

<DIV>But TK, most of us had strength for Boxhill and the JFF, refusing to acknowledge that Marlon King did anything wrong on that tour! That was what was so disgusting about it. In our hatred for Boxhill, we refused to admit that King could have done anything a little differently. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And unnu don't start with me. Before unnu accuse me of picking up for the JFF on that tour, at least ask!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, thank God that mantra remains true - the best predictor...finish it yourself, Karl, X and all the others who made excuse after excuse for King's "misdemeanors"!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

King's incident with the JFF is completely different. How yuh ago implement a curfew after the fact?

Now with this incident, why Mosiah and Sickko want to go into I told you so mode? Yes Mosiah, the "mi naah say a word" says alot. How many footballers get into trouble with the law? King won't be the first and he most certainly won't be the last. Fi all who want to play dumb, Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand (West Ham), Penant, Onandi Loweto name a few.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (1/10/2007)King's incident with the JFF is completely different. How yuh ago implement a curfew after the fact?

Now with this incident, why Mosiah and Sickko want to go into I told you so mode? Yes Mosiah, the "mi naah say a word" says alot. How many footballers get into trouble with the law? King won't be the first and he most certainly won't be the last. Fi all who want to play dumb, Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand (West Ham), Penant, Onandi Loweto name a few.
                    <DIV></DIV><DIV>Where do I start with this type of drivel?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Okay, so others have killed and maimed and molested. So, it's okay for one of us to do it. I like that logic! Why are we cussing our own local criminals, then? 30 dead since the new year. But Lazie says Rooney has misbehaved so what's the problem? sigh</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Again, curfew or not, each person must have some idea about personal behaviour, discipline and common **** sense. Why didn't the other 25 people in the delegation not play the fool!?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Dun talk!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (1/10/2007)<DIV>But TK, most of us had strength for Boxhill and the JFF, refusing to acknowledge that Marlon King did anything wrong on that tour! That was what was so disgusting about it. In our hatred for Boxhill, we refused to admit that King could have done anything a little differently. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And unnu don't start with me. Before unnu accuse me of picking up for the JFF on that tour, at least ask!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, thank God that mantra remains true - the best predictor...finish it yourself, Karl, X and all the others who made excuse after excuse for King's "misdemeanors"!</DIV>
                      If we're to be honest the venom for Boxhill is that he lied to the press about there being a curfew when there was no such thing in place. Once that information came out you had to expect some serious FIYAH BOX would be coming his way. - T.K.

Comment

REgarding the nonexistent curfew, some things go without saying.

Perhaps his behavior when confronted..was the deciding factorhe was ostracized...

Di so called merits from having UB40 players seem to be diminishing as time passes.

Onandi Lowe.

Oh by de way, why yuh defaming de man, hym neva tief nuh car boss.

Blessed

Comment

Mosiah (1/10/2007)<DIV>Where do I start with this type of drivel?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Okay, so others have killed and maimed and molested. So, it's okay for one of us to do it. I like that logic! Why are we cussing our own local criminals, then? 30 dead since the new year. But Lazie says Rooney has misbehaved so what's the problem? sigh</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Again, curfew or not, each person must have some idea about personal behaviour, discipline and common **** sense. Why didn't the other 25 people in the delegation not play the fool!?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Dun talk!</DIV>
                          At no time did Lazie say it was okay. But unuh sitting back and saying I told you so nuh mek it. If him break the law him must face the music, but nuh use it fi mek himthe villan fi what happened on the tour.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

<DIV>
                            T.K. (1/10/2007)If we're to be honest the venom for Boxhill is that he lied to the press about there being a curfew when there was no such thing in place. Once that information came out you had to expect some serious FIYAH BOX would be coming his way. - T.K.
                            </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Fine! But no fiyah box fi King?!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie (1/10/2007)King's incident with the JFF is completely different. How yuh ago implement a curfew after the fact?

Lazie I agree 100% about King's incident with the JFF being completely different. To implement a curfew after the fact is some madmanism.

As for how many footballers get into trouble with the law.......You realize which self proclaimed forum guruyu sound like right? - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                              X