Defend your own englishman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defend your own englishman.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce stands by Titus Bramble after defender is released on bail over rape claims

By COLIN YOUNG Last updated at 10:02 PM on 23rd September 2010
    Accused: Sunderland centre-half Titus Bramble

Sunderland defender Titus Bramble will play at Liverpool tomorrow as manager Steve Bruce continues to back the player who was released on police bail yesterday morning following an allegation of rape.
    The 29-year-old, who was arrested with his older brother Tesfaye, 'strenuously denies' the allegation, according to Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn.
    And Bruce, who has just three central defenders fit, said: 'He wants to play football. He is a resilient so-and-so and wants the matter cleared up. I reiterate that we will fully support him and we are right behind him.
    'It is unfortunate what has happened and there is bad publicity for the club which no-one wants but he is adamant he has done nothing wrong. We are all 100 per cent convinced he has nothing to do with the allegation and hopefully the matter will be dealt with quickly.'
    Bruce added: 'If anything has upset me it was that he was on a night out when he shouldn't have been. He should not be out on a Tuesday night and he knows that but that is his only offence. No one likes a night out more than me but I don't think they should be in that position and I have spoken about that to Titus.'

Support: Bramble has the backing of Niall Quinn and Steve Bruce at Sunderland

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz10PDHH0sK
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Working...
X