My boy Roy or is it on the road to nowhere fast or too soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boy Roy or is it on the road to nowhere fast or too soon

Daniel Agger delivers route one snub to Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson: I won't play long ball

By JOHN EDWARDS
    Last updated at 11:51 PM on 20th September 2010
    Roy Hodgsin's Anfield reign has been rocked by the first sign of player unrest after Daniel Agger openly questioned his methods.
    In a direct challenge to Hodgson's authority, Agger expressed his opposition to Liverpool's style of play under their new manager and claimed he was ready to rebel against it.
    The Denmark centre half said Liverpool's back four were now under orders to launch long balls, and he made it clear he was prepared to risk the wrath of Hodgson rather than compromise his beliefs.

Route one snub: Agger does not agree with Hodgson's long ball tactics

Speaking on Danish television, Agger said: 'The manager has a philosophy that we're playing football further up the pitch, and that means having to play a different kind of football at the back.
    'That's not my style. That's not the type of football player I am. I like to keep the ball on the ground, and I'm going to keep doing that. Whether he'll use me or not, time will tell.
    Waiting game: Agger must wait to discover if his comments have landed him in trouble

'I guess I will try to change, even though I'm not going to be the player who unloads the ball every time I get it.
    'I'll fight for my chance. I'll get the chance. I know what I represent and I think he (Hodgson) also knows that.
    'The manager makes the decisions. You have to adjust. That's the way it is and our play has changed, so I'll have to adjust a bit. But to be honest, I'm not going to adjust 100 per cent.'
    Agger lost his starting place to Martin Skrtel at Old Trafford on Sunday and now awaits Hodgson's response to the cracks appearing in his new regime.
    The former Fulham boss has already come under fire for his side's listless performance at Birmingham and their lowly League position, and he will be eager to quell talk of discontent.
    There was another blow for the club as the attempt by co-owner Tom Hicks to gain investment from American equity company Blackstone failed.
    Hicks had been negotiating with Blackstone over a £280million package that would give them a share of control at Anfield and allow him to meet the October 11 deadline for repaying a £237m loan to the Royal Bank of Scotland. But it is understood Blackstone will not be pursuing the deal.
    It is a major setback for Hicks, but does not necessarily spell the end of his unpopular reign. RBS will call in the debt but are reluctant to start running the club, and may allow more time for a buyer to be found.

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1079lUPLT
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

It is clear he prefers the old regime, but I do wonder about the reporting of his willingness to adapt because some of his statements are contradictions.

Right after the quote of not changing he says "I guess I will try to change, even though I'm not going to be the player who unloads the ball every time I get it."

Comment

Maybe he liked being in the top 4 or at least competing for it , this bredda Roy with a healthy squad is doing his best at achieving a relegation fight.Roy wont last until christmas.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
      X