X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coventry City sign former Wigan striker Marlon King

Coventry City sign former Wigan striker Marlon King

King has been training with Coventry for several weeks

Coventry City have signed former Wigan striker Marlon King on a one-year contract, after a spell training with the Championship club.
    The 30-year-old played under Sky Blues boss Aidy Boothroyd at Watford.
    "I am very grateful for the chance Coventry City have given me and I look forward to working with Aidy again," King told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.
    King was jailed for 18 months after being found guilty of sexual assault and was released from prison in July.
    He was a free agent following his release and has since vowed to clear his name.
    The forward was a Wigan player on loan at Hull City when he was jailed and after being sacked by the Latics, chairman Dave Whelan insisted he would "never pull on the shirt of Wigan Athletic again."
    But Whelan has since claimed he has forgiven the player, saying: "He's served his sentence. I'm sure he's learned a lot and I forgive him and wish him well if he gets back into the game.
    "I was very upset at the time, but I really think you've got to forgive people because we all make mistakes and if he can get back into the game, good luck to him."
    King, a Jamaica international, started his career with Barnet, before moving to Gillingham and then Nottingham Forest.
    When I managed Marlon at Watford, he was a first-class professional and I fully expect that to be the case at Coventry.

Coventry City boss Aidy Bootroyd on new signing Marlon King

While at Forest, he was briefly loaned out to Leeds United, before making his Premier League debut with Watford in the 2006-07 season.
    In January 2008, he moved to Wigan for £3m on a three-and-a-half year contract with a £40,000 a week salary.
    The Sky Blues are currently mid-table in the Championship and following their 2-1 win over Bristol City on Saturday, Boothroyd said: "I think we are getting a £5m player for nothing.
    "I'm very happy with my squad as it is, but Marlon has been a terrific player at a high level and the 30-year-olds give us that bit extra."
    After finalising the deal, Boothroyd added: "He's been working very hard with us in an attempt to regain his fitness. He has looked sharp in training and in a couple of reserve matches but we will have to assess very carefully when he is ready to step into Championship football.
    "When I managed Marlon at Watford, he was a first-class professional and I fully expect that to be the case at Coventry."
    Last edited by Sickko; September 20, 2010, 01:15 PM.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Why the thump down Siccko?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

True I should take it back, he can play for anyone he wants, he has a right to earn and feed his family...just dont want to see him in a Reggae Boys shirt
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        True I should take it back, he can play for anyone he wants, he has a right to earn and feed his family...just dont want to see him in a Reggae Boys shirt
        Is a good thing your are not a judge otherwise nuff man would be serving life sentences
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

AFTER dem serve dem life sentence!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

In King's case several LIFE sentences...man diss up Jamaica land I love cause him get ketch with prostitutes sneaking back into hotel room... him should not even be alllowed to take vacations here
            Che Guevara.

Comment

ribery .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

not Jamaican
                Che Guevara.

Comment

anelka

Comment

Tappa eying him to? Him can mek Reggae Boys team?
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Thats the problem , I bet he would be drafted in Jamaicas team if Fifa changed all the rules today for said purpose (ribery & anelka )? But our own ?

Hang dem in the gallows of public disgrace .

Kissteeth.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It look like you skull school when comprehension was a teach... let me break it down for you... on the premise of the conversation, the actions of anelka or ribery means nothing to me as they will never wear the reggae boys colours and thus I wont have to make any such decisions about them- if France want to play them that is their fricking business..sava bien?
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                        X