• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitmore Has His Eyes On Hue

Whitmore Has His Eyes On Hue
    Published: Monday | September 20, 20100 Comments and 0 Reactions

Jermaine Hue
    Nodley Wright, Gleaner Writer

National midfielder Jermaine Hue said he will not get carried away by recent statements made by Reggae Boyz coach Theodore Whitmore that other than himself, the most creative player that he has seen in the country is the Harbour View talisman and that he still has an eye on him.

Hue confessed to being flattered by the statement but said nice things have been said before but nothing happened.

"I heard the comments and to tell you the truth it feels good coming from such a top player as Theodore Whitmore, an icon in the country's football," Hue told The Gleaner last Wednesday just before watching his team fall 0-1 to Arnett gardens in the Digicel Premier League.

Open mind

"As it relates to the national team I did not really feel excited because talk has been made before and I have not been selected so I just keep an open mind when it comes on to the national team," added the 32-year-old who has divided opinions on his usefulness to the national team.

Hue said he will focus on playing his best for his club and allow things to fall into place.

"I always do my best. Whenever I am on the football field I perform to the fullest for my country, club and teammates and I will continue to do that. Last year I think I had a brilliant season when we won the championship," explained the St Thomas native.

Despite his performance Hue said there is still room for improvement.

"There is always room for improvement. Last year I scored two goals and did some good work in the midfield - even defensively but mostly in the attacking area. What I think I need to improve on now is the goal scoring," he said.

Hue ... I always do my best. Whenever I am on the football field I perform to the fullest for my country.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

here we go a-frickin-gain!

i should be his agent! i'd b like - GTFOHWTB!!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That is the problem, people like you who tell him fi miss national team camp for Bronx League.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
        That is the problem, people like you who tell him fi miss national team camp for Bronx League.
        Ooooooo...NO u didn't.....
        well look out now...
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

HAHAHA! LOL!

Mek Me gwey! Stay deh lissen da clown deh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

at 32 find someone else.

Comment

Tappa should groom someone else..

Comment

What does that acronym stand for, I am not too savvy with these texting jargons
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Not to worry, there is a kid in MoBay named Ricardo Morris, remember that name- the second coming of Winston Anglin but with more flair

He is still playing daCosta Cup for St James High, was called to the national senior team last year but had a heart condition that he had to go get an operation on
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

GTFOHWTB - get the f outta here with that bull

Geez, Sickko!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good player. i hear his teammates calling him "Maestro". sigh

But even in yesterday's paper, some writer called Daniel Shaw a midfield maestro. Almost drop dung when mi read it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The way Shaw talk he probably convinced the writer to put that in the paper. What a man can argue and yap.

He is probably the best kicker of the ball in Jamaica, even better than the Bronx Maestro. Saw him at national camp once and he was so off the pace of the others that it was a joke having him there.

Comment

Maestro's shot has gone south, recently, for his lofty standards. Still better than most. Haven't seen Shaw kick recently, but he certainly used to pack some venom a few years ago! But kicking well does not make one a Midfield Maestro!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            But kicking well does not make one a Midfield Maestro!

Mi know. signing with Bronx League, skipping National traning and then still get recalled to the National team. That is a true Maestro at work.

Not to mention, having an agent shine you shoes during that time and overcoming the embarassment of getting pile by reggaefan in front of Sharon in the younger days. The youth do good for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                              Mi know. signing with Bronx League, skipping National traning and then still get recalled to the National team. That is a true Maestro at work.

Not to mention, having an agent shine you shoes during that time and overcoming the embarassment of getting pile by reggaefan in front of Sharon in the younger days. The youth do good for himself.
                              I almost choke on mi tofu! is what wrang wid yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X