women's U17 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• women's U17 World Cup

or U17 Girl Cup according to a radio commentator here...

went to a double header Thursday... the so called group of death with Brazil, ghana, canad and Ireland... first match Can v Irl was won by the Irish 1-0; Canada was unlucky as the Irish goal resulted from a clearance that rebounded off the ref and went straight to an irish player who put it away. Otherwise, some very good skill and an entertaining match.
    Observation; when a girl get tackled or drop, she get up right away....none of this playacting you see in the men's game.

Second match..what a treat: Ghana is very fast and skilful. Brazil has the skill but not the speed. This match was won by Ghana 1-0 and despite Brazil's pressure in the last 20 mins. Ghana defended in droves. This game was played at a very high tempo and I must say one of the more entertaining matches I've seen in a long time.

This group after two matches each has each team with a win and a loss; their third match is Monday evening. Canada plays Brazil and Ireland plays Ghana. Based on what i saw it should be Ghana and Brazil going through.

I'm definitely going to see another couple matches...hopefully the final. My employer has 40 odd for the final so hopefully i can get a couple.

germany has been rolling over their competition. 9-0 against Mexico and 10-1 against South Africa and that was after a half-time score of 9-1...coach mussi tell dem fi cool it.

Anyway, these girls can definitely play... one Irish girl have a throw like Delap, and one Ghanaian have a shot any man would be proud to have.

Now if only they would gear up like the beach volleyballers..LOL
    Peter R

Keep giving us the reports!
    Thanks, boss!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

nigeria /fling whey a 5=2 lead and now down 4-6 in OT Korea n Republic

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

oops 5-6

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Damn!
          ...that must be a fun match for spectators!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X